FIA WEC 2017 Championship

Soldato
This could be very important for the future of LMP1. Neither Toyota nor Porsche management are going to be impressed with spending this kind of money on abject failure and could reconsider their positions. Alternatively could it lead to a simplification of the rules? Are the hybrids just too fragile?

Caporegime
I know it one of the ways forward for production road cars, but hybrid technology is just not up to it for race cars yet.

Both endurance and f1 tech is too fragile, too expensive, and too easy for one manufacturer to have big power advantages over others.

Need new rules for both series to go back to pure NA, or simple FI, with no hugely expensive, fragile, extra systems attached.

Man of Honour
I nip out for a couple of hours and come back to this?!

Damnit!

No2 Porsche in 2nd, 3 hours to go and 2 laps down from the leading Jackie Chan LMP2 car.

Soldato
The 2020 P1 regulations will surely drive the big manufacturers away from the LMP1-H category, especially if they're spending hundreds of millions now and this is happening at the biggest race, not only of their racing calendar, but Motorsports calendar. It's a massive sum of money for people to see their cars stranded at the side of the road.

But... come on Jackie Chan racing. :D

Gutted for Toyota though. I went to bed once the second car gave up the ghost. So close to the pits, yet so far. :(

Man of Honour
C'mon... Puncture for No2.. please...

Anyone else find it funny that the car that is currently leading the Le Mans 24, may well win while only spending 23 hours on the track?

Back
Top Bottom