• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fidelity Super Resolution 2.0

Caporegime
Peaks of 78% CPU usage on a 5800X3D at 4K very high settings with FSR 2.0 Quality. :eek:

Video soon.

Averaging about 80 FPS at very high settings with RT maxed out and FSR 2.0 in the first mission.
E0gYfhn.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
Spiderman 4K Very High Settings + Ray Tracing with FSR 2.0.
Game runs very well, averaging 80 FPS, with 1% lows of 56 and a max FPS of 119.

Edit - @shankly1985, can you tell me what the latest build of the retail game is? It should say on the menu screen.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I dont see the build version on the main menu Matt?
Sorry, I meant the pre-game launcher. I am using a beta key and want to validate that I'm on the final retail build (which I think might be 1.9 or something but not sure) so need someone with a retail key to check the latest version.
hEZvpYV.png

Btw make sure you are running in exclusive full screen mode. If you alt tab (like I did in my previous video before recording) it switches you to borderless (full screen) mode.

Last edited:
Caporegime
That frametime looks anythin but smooth :p
1% lows are within 24 FPS of the average FPS, those are good results and match up to the testing done by Computer Base. I may redo the video as I was not using exclusive full screen, so curious to see how better it would be (if at all) using that.
Especially when ray tracing is activated, the frame pacing of the game is almost perfect, both the GeForce RTX 3080 and the Radeon RX 6800 XT show no significant deviation in the frame time history. Such a thing is rarely seen, at least minor outliers are usually the order of the day. Without ray tracing, frame pacing is still very good, but interestingly enough, it doesn't quite come close to the excellent level of rays. So there are some deviations in the frame output on both the GeForce and the Radeon.
If you'd like to put up some results from your setup, running the same settings/resolution and benchmark sequence, with an overlay clearly showing the Average and 1% low FPS, please go ahead as I'd be interested to see it.

Caporegime
That frametime looks anythin but smooth :p

What do you think @Nexus18 :cry:

Must need more vram ;) :D

Given Matt give of about my frame latency in doom or/and fc 6 videos which were pretty much flat 99% of the time, I don't know how he can live with that!!!! :p

Bit weird though as it's dx 12 which is where amd is usually better, was thinking it might be the RT but then even without RT, looks like nvidia gpus provide better frame latency still, maybe a game or/and driver update might solve it though.

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
OP
Sorry, I meant the pre-game launcher. I am using a beta key and want to validate that I'm on the final retail build (which I think might be 1.9 or something but not sure) so need someone with a retail key to check the latest version.
hEZvpYV.png

Btw make sure you are running in exclusive full screen mode. If you alt tab (like I did in my previous video before recording) it switches you to borderless (full screen) mode.

Mine says v1.812.1.0 also

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
1% lows are within 24 FPS of the average FPS, those are good results and match up to the testing done by Computer Base. I may redo the video as I was not using exclusive full screen, so curious to see how better it would be (if at all) using that.

If you'd like to put up some results from your setup, running the same settings/resolution and benchmark sequence, with an overlay clearly showing the Average and 1% low FPS, please go ahead as I'd be interested to see it.

I will leave that to @Nexus18 ;)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I can't see his posts (and never will), so as you commented on my video performance that's why I asked you.

Why did you bother to do that though? What is the point in comparing cards from different tiers? Not to mention I do not have the game yet and will be getting in around winter sales or after once it is under £20 :)

Caporegime
Why did you bother to do that though? What is the point in comparing cards from different tiers? Not to mention I do not have the game yet and will be getting in around winter sales or after once it is under £20 :)
Because you said my performance looks bad, so I am assuming yours is good, don't see why you'd make a comment otherwise.

I have a new video uploading later, 4K native, with RT and a couple of other setting dialled down averaging 81 FPS. It looks very nice and no FSR. :)

Caporegime
I can't see his posts (and never will), so as you commented on my video performance that's why I asked you.

Seems some people just can't handle the truth eh :cry:

For those who are curious to see what exactly @TNA is referring to, here you go:

Find a random video online, use that as 'evidence' to point towards a supposed issue. Then ask me to explain it. Case closed I guess? :cry:

Let's dig in to that one a little bit again to remind ourselves what actually happened. Pay special attention to the frame time overlays, because only one of them is showing bad frame times associated with VRAM saturation. ;)

DZ2oKFM.png

6900 XT
l4eR05t.png

Local system issues indeed. :cry:

However, when it comes to this kind of frame latency on matts amd system:

Htja4a4.png

The game runs very well, with no stuttering or other issues that I could detect.

:cry:

Must say though, matts footage does look quite choppy/micro-stutter imo.

Back
Top Bottom