• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fidelity Super Resolution in 2021

He has to double down now, no other choice. Live by the sword, die by it.

I don't understand why you would not use Ultra Quality in Godfall? 50% performance increase for near native resolution quality.

Godfall
4K Epic Settings (CAS off)
Native vs Ultra Quality FSR

FSR Native v Ultra Quality - Imgsli

What is not like to like about the 50% improvement in FPS? Please tell me. :)

You'd have to find someone who plays godfall first, one of the 10 people who bought it

You'd have to find someone who plays godfall first, one of the 10 people who bought it
It's a good comparison because Godfall is graphically demanding and uses Ray Tracing. Even a 3090 struggles with average FPS in the 50-60 range at 4K in combat with minimums well below that.

Forget the gameplay, this is a FSR thread. Remind me, what's not to like about the improvement in FPS?

KVOnTBP.png

Tbh it's nice to see DF come out and agree they messed up.
I do like Digital Foundry so I refuse to point fingers at them.

But I would expect better from them seeing other reviewer did a better job.

Tbh it's nice to see DF come out and agree they messed up.
I do like Digital Foundry so I refuse to point fingers at them.

But I would expect better from them seeing other reviewer did a better job.

It still does not fix their generalised TAAU > FSR conclusion being drawn from a single test scenario of 50% TAAU vs FSR Perfrmance mode. When KitGuru tested UQ vs 77% TAAU they preferred FSR because it had less shimmer. Performance was similar between both so you pick based on the image you prefer. Alex did not talk about TAAU artifacts at all and he did not test at higher settings. Over on reddit he is doubling down and assuming that higher TAAU settings vs higher FSR settings will give the same result because TAAU is temporal. He is doing it without testing it which is crazy to me for a supposed expert analyst.

On top of that since they did blunder in their testing and Kit Guru did not I don't feel inclined to give DF / Alex as much credibility at the moment.

So after the dust as settled with FSR...

I think its worth while agreeing its a successful launch.
So based on this I am going to predict.

I believe before this year is over 50 games will be supported.
Before 2022 is over 100+ supported games

You will see less DLSS games being released, the reason you only need to look at Freesync for the answer.

Devs will not spend extra time and money to enable DLSS for a small player base when they can add in FSR for FREE and get more players in.

Also allows more players to enjoy higher frame rates than what they could without FSR.

@LtMatt post above about 6700 not classed as a 4k GPU but with FSR enabled it jumps a generation in performance.

Honestly my opinion FSR is more groundbreaking than DLSS because of my points above.
Not because what one is doing the better job, just like Gsync is also regarded the better of the two technologies but yo see open source free to add will always win.

Why pay for little gain.

;)

Last edited:
So what? Grim5 is using a Ryzen1000 series APU and still shills for Nvidia 24/7.
That's because Nvidia doesn't make x86 CPUs;)
Don't forget even Nvidia sent AMD congratulations when there CPUs started to compete with intel.

P.S. I'm not saying that Grim is on Nvidias payroll or that he isn't.

Has anyone done an image quality (and i guess performance) comparison between Nvidia and AMD using FSR?

Curious if there is a difference.

Back
Top Bottom