Fiesta ST's... whats to know?

Agree and go away.

Everyone knows that the ST is limited and very easy to get gains out of it. Like the guy said about the Mazda, same engine, more power, end of.

I would like to add that you should drive several ST's before you buy and get a feel for how the clutches are and breaks cause they seem to wear the most.

it's no easier than any other engine. There are loads of 2.0 Litre 4 pots that respond well to tuning, the ST is no different, and to claim that it's good and ford just detuned it on purpose is a load of rubbish.

Smokey, you sound more stupid with every post, just give up.

The only testament you need is these engine's application in kit cars and the like, with many of them well over 200BHP in NA form.

Smokey Im not much of a Ford fan no matter a Ford engine fan boy. I dont know much about Fords but I do know that, that engine is very tuneable. Please dont post on this thread on something you dont know anything about you are just annoying everyone with your rubbish.

But it's had thousands and thousands spend on it janesy, did you actually read my post? Other engines respond the same way, throw money at em, it's not hard.

There in kit cars mike because there light and cheap, thats the 2 main reasons. You have no place telling me to do anything.

My god, you are thick as 2 short planks.

OK if you added an induction kit, manifold, sportscat or decat and a decent back box you can get the ST to about 170-180bhp. Thats like £400-£800 worth of parts and labour depending on who you know can fit it. I think thats pretty impressive IMO for a N/A engine.

OK if you added an induction kit, manifold, sportscat or decat and a decent back box you can get the ST to about 170-180bhp. Thats like £400-£800 worth of parts and labour depending on who you know can fit it. I think thats pretty impressive IMO for a N/A engine.

400quid? What are these parts made of cardboard?

I've had one for a few years now and am looking to change it.

Everything has been said that needs to be said really. Most of my driving is on motorways. I am getting 32ish mpg. It's fairly noisy on motorway and needs a 6th gear badly.

I have fitted KN filter which made a noticeable difference and improved my mpg from about 25 to 32. Obviously that is with sensible driving.

For the price they are a lot of fun but I'm sure there are faster things out there for similar money.

Two of my mates are mechanics so all I would need to do is pay for the parts and sit back with a coke and a smile.

Most of the tuning parts that you can get arent that expensive like Pete19s said. Just fitting them is the pricey part.

Also quoting you on the £400 thing Smokey have you heard of a thing called 2nd hand parts? Why buy new when someone is selling it at half the price. OMG do you know a site called eBay? What do you think its there for?
I got a £200 induction kit from someone 2nd hand that had it on for about 3 months and bought it for £130.

I'm not stupid enough to modify a Honda* - the DC2 interests me because its really good out of the box, ie. it shouldn't need modifying.

*Beyond a few necessities to allow a suitable geo setup.

Back
Top Bottom