FIFA 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Formation cards being gone is huge! Now I can use players in other teams with a different formation. This will change everything.

Searching for a player by name is also a massive game changer. No more people trying to trick people into buying the wrong card.

Still need to know more about in-game FUT stuff - custom workrates/formations.

If they made custom workrates/formations a feature in the game, it might just ruin it IMO. Everyone will just abuse it and have 6 at the back with high/low workrates.

Last edited:
Soldato
I won't be purchasing Fifa 14 unless the game speed in UT is left the same as all other modes.

K.

FIFA 14 Ultimate Team

Brand new in-game, web app and mobile user interface for FUT 14.
The Auction House is now called the "Transfer Market" in FUT 14.
Brand new Player Cards are now in a "crest" style.
This new style applies to In Form cards too.
Formation and Morale cards have been removed from the game.
You can now change formations whenever you want without having to sink coins in to formation cards to achieve full chemistry.
Online Single Matches are BACK!
You can now search for "similar" players in the Transfer Market directly from the Squad Management screen (we like this a lot).
You can now search for players by name.
There is a brand new pack opening animation.
TOTS and TOTW promotions will continue in FUT 14.

Chemistry Styles

When getting players in packs they will all have a default "Basic" chemistry style which adds +1 to each card stat.
New consumables will allow you to apply Chemistry Styles to individual players to give them a specific stat boost.
Example - the "Finisher" Chemistry Style will apply +3 to Shooting and Heading.
Example - the "Anchor" Chemistry Style will apply +2 to Pace, Defending and Heading.
Example - the "Power" Chemistry Style will apply +3 to Defending and Passing.
There are 2 goalkeeper specific Chemistry Styles.
There will be 20 Chemistry Styles in total.
Chemistry Styles will allow you to create a new layer of depth, to make the players in your team stand-out.
Chemistry Styles can be used tactically to create team behaviours, to give you more attacking fullbacks, or wingers that will track back, etc. that are consistent with player position.
A new "loyalty" chemistry stat has been added which adds +1 to player chemistry.
Players obtained from opened packs will be instantly loyal to you, those bought from the Transfer Market will have to play 10 games to get this chemistry boost.
As a result, Team Chemistry will now build up as you play more and more games with your team.
Managers no longer have Formations, but will apply a +1 Chemistry boost to players of the same nationality.

Customisation

You can now choose player kit numbers
Set piece takers
and team Captains

FUT Seasons

Is now 10 seasons long.
This will provide better match making and increase competition in the top divisions.

Soldato
I like the removal of formation cards and the way loyalty chemistry will work, still not sure about the boosting of players but it might work out ok as long as they keep the scripting and handicap :D

Man of Honour
I don't mind the idea of the Chemistry Styles that could improve the pace of defenders. If it closes the usual distance between the pace of a striker and the pace of a CB, it should (in theory) make the game less of a sweat fest.

Soldato
2i9s745.jpg

Caporegime
I don't mind the idea of the Chemistry Styles that could improve the pace of defenders. If it closes the usual distance between the pace of a striker and the pace of a CB, it should (in theory) make the game less of a sweat fest.
Whats to say you wouldnt put that same style on the stricker aswell? What I expect lots to do, hell Im likely to whack Shadow on every player in my team just because of the pace boost :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
It's pretty depressing that some people are saying things like

Searching for a player by name is also a massive game changer

Feels similar to Apple mania when they put copy/paste on iOS. Amazing!!! Errr... no. Should just have been there from the start. You shouldn't get credit for basics like that!

Barely any proper new features + MORE opportunity to pace abuse which chemistry. Really EA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom