FIFA 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Does real ball physics mean no more ping pong ball physics?

Will the ref block my players?

Will my own players trip me up?

Just a few things that need fixed.... just a few.

what do you mean by ping pong ball physics?

as in people can pass it around unrealistically fast? this is what first touch was meant to prevent, but first touch only happens if you receive a pass and decide to run with the ball rather than pass it straight back on, they implemented it wrongly to the fact it is retarded.

or do you mean the ball flies unrealistically fast when you hit a shot? again this is something they messed up, only players with high shot power should be able to hit those type of shots.

otherwise imo ball physics seem okay.

they need to bring back finesse imo and it should only be really effective for players on their strong foot and who have the finesse "trait".

they have nerfed it far too much to the point nobody can do them.

also have you ever played football with a professional quality ball? one that costs £100+. it makes controlling, passing, etc a lot harder as the ball has a "spring" to it meaning a small mistake gets amplified. again i would hazard a guess that EA don't actually know this and it is a part of the game by accident because they are so incompetent.

you can take a look online on fifa's requirements for football's, there is a world of difference of a football made to fifa's standards or one you can get out of sports direct for £5-£20.

Man of Honour
Looking forward to this, ball and shot physics are something that should always be improved. For example, when I shoot from range now I can immediately tell if the ball is going to go in or not, that's kind of lame.

I'd like to see the goalkeepers have a bit more variation to them as well. The animations seem rather repetitive.

They also need to get rid of the stupid 'hidden morale' system or whatever you want to call it that more often than not ends up deciding close games. It's terrible.

Lastly, I hope Ultimate Team doesn't take over any more of the game, it's so bad. :(

Caporegime
Looking forward to this, ball and shot physics are something that should always be improved. For example, when I shoot from range now I can immediately tell if the ball is going to go in or not, that's kind of lame.

I'd like to see the goalkeepers have a bit more variation to them as well. The animations seem rather repetitive.

They also need to get rid of the stupid 'hidden morale' system or whatever you want to call it that more often than not ends up deciding close games. It's terrible.

Lastly, I hope Ultimate Team doesn't take over any more of the game, it's so bad. :(

your getting "hidden morale" mixed up with "scripting"

hidden morale is a good part of the game where say you use real madrid all the time. as you well know football players can have "off" games where they just make more mistakes than usual, their touch lets them down more than usual, their shots are more in accurate as usual.

now say you use ronaldo one game and he is on fire and the next game he plays woeful, this is due to "hidden morale" it used to be visible in older fifa's it was in the team management section before the start of a game where you could see a player's "morale". it used to be coloured, green, yellow, black, orange and red iirc.

green meant they had high morale and would basically turn them into beast mode, yellow was slightly higher morale, black was normal and they would play normally, orange was low morale and red was basically zero morale where they would get pushed off the ball by a 5 year old.

obviously managers in real life cannot see the morale of a player like this before a match, so they took it out to add randomness in.

im pretty sure this randomness is not in ultimate team it's in the normal version of the game online and offline.

i think it's a good part of the game.

rubber band effect and "scripting" are hidden parts of the game which manipulate how player's play making them all either play like dog turd or like superhero's.

it's basically hidden morale which gets tweaked throughout the game in favour of the weaker player.

Caporegime
Fifa needs to add a competitive 5 a side mode.

Not Fifa Street which is just arcadey **** but an actual Fifa 5 a side.

Much like they did on Fifa '98 :D

would love this, but only to mix things up and for playing tournaments with friends in real life, shorter more fun games would be full of win.

was it not in a "world cup" version of the game it was introduced rather than a "full version"?

Caporegime
What about headers from corners? Total lottery.

you may think it's a lottery, but i think it depends on how accurate the ball is from the set piece. much like a free kick if they get it into the right area their player will get to the ball first.

also some people don't know that you can direct headers. you have to aim when you header the ball. not just mash the buttons.

Man of Honour
It's definitely a lottery to some degree, unless I'm missing something. Sometimes there's just no way to stop it.

Caporegime
It's definitely a lottery to some degree, unless I'm missing something. Sometimes there's just no way to stop it.

that's due to how good in the ball is from the opposing player if he has got the power right and aimed it accordingly then it's going to go to his player not yours.

also height of the player's play's a huge factor in this and the fact i have found that my cb's tend to be actually outside the box when defending a corner.

yes this means that your cb the best person to defend a header from a corner isn't even inside the box.

this is crazy and i am unsure why fifa does this, but i have defended corners using a player, passed outside the box and noticed it's my cb that is standing outside the box receiving the ball.

wtf EA? i would love for them to explain why that is, why is a CB not in the box defending when the opposition is taking a corner?

knowing EA though they probably put this into the game on purpose to make it easier to score from corners or some rubbish like that.

doubt we will ever know why CB's dont defend corners, this has happened a lot of times, and im always enraged when i see that the person i am passing to outside the box is my CB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom