FIFA 14

Soldato
People that cross with players' 2* weak foot drive me insane. Because crossing seems to be completely unaffected by weak foot. And it shouldn't be. And it sucks donkey ****.

Soldato
lol rusty so are you telling me you are often getting games like that? if so I guess I cant believe everyone still enjoys game when its like this....... Its about 85% of games.....

Soldato
lol rusty so are you telling me you are often getting games like that? if so I guess I cant believe everyone still enjoys game when its like this....... Its about 85% of games.....

Momentum is a lot more profound this year IMO... it sometimes feels nigh on impossible to keep a lead.

In FIFA 13 I felt like if the guy was bad at the game and did stupid things like aimlessly spam through balls with 60% passing accuracy then the game would be really comfortable and easy to win. In FIFA 14 sometimes I find that having gone a goal up I can barely pass the ball anymore. It's to help my opponent back into the game. All it takes is somebody moderately competent at the game to be able to score when the momentum switches. I don't mind momentum as a concept I just don't like how it isn't explained as to what causes it to switch.

Personally I think it should be impossible to get momentum if you have less than 70% passing accuracy but I think it goes the other way and actually helps you out if it thinks you're struggling. Sure if the guy is bad and you're good you can still win relatively comfortably but sometimes you're having to battle your opponent and the game.

Most of my losses are down to me losing my rag at momentum or peoples play style.

Soldato
Momentum is a lot more profound this year IMO... it sometimes feels nigh on impossible to keep a lead.

In FIFA 14 sometimes I find that having gone a goal up I can barely pass the ball anymore. It's to help my opponent back into the game. All it takes is somebody moderately competent at the game to be able to score when the momentum switches. I don't mind momentum as a concept I just don't like how it isn't explained as to what causes it to switch.
play style.

Rusty what I am saying is that from the kickoff I am feeling this effect - Is this what you are talking about too?

My pass accuracy is always 80%+ as I pass the ball around a lot but the game wouldn't know this unless it remembers...

Soldato
Rusty what I am saying is that from the kickoff I am feeling this effect - Is this what you are talking about too?

My pass accuracy is always 80%+ as I pass the ball around a lot but the game wouldn't know this unless it remembers...

You're looking too much into it. I fail to believe that your players don't control the ball from the kick off :). Just play the game. EA servers are hardly robust.

What does passing accuracy have to do with it?

Soldato
You mentioned passing accuracy in your post (but just noticed you refer to Fifa 13)

I am telling you 100% that when this is happening it is from the kick off - as soon as I pass the ball to anyone I can feel it....

This doesn't feel like lag (the stutter effect I notice lag causes)

This is the players just fumble on the ball and feel slow to respond or move - allowing the opponent to steal ball of u.... dribbling feels clumsy and slow..... the game feels very different...

I have played 100s of games of fifa so I know when this is happening and when its not.

Associate
Inieista in the middle, Bale on the right, Neymar left tbh, Rakitic as a wide CAM in 4231 is useless.

If you can afford, the CM IF or MOTM Di Maria would be great down the middle :)

I am enjoying this formation to a certain extent. I haven't the time to play that many games but I have just been promoted to D3 with a couple of games to spare.

People have been talking about momentum and sometimes it really is a killer. At times it feels like your opponent has given up and someone better is playing for them. One of the game I play was against an 81 rated Ligue 1 team which I ended up losing 2-1 to after being 1-0 up for 60% of the game. As you can probably guess, they were 2 Cavani headers.

I've got Fab and Khedira as CDMs but Khedira feels very slow and clumsy so I think I'll replace him with either Alonso or Busquest, although I don't really like either. Maybe Rakitic or Modric could go there.

Soldato
You mentioned passing accuracy in your post (but just noticed you refer to Fifa 13)

I am telling you 100% that when this is happening it is from the kick off - as soon as I pass the ball to anyone I can feel it....

This doesn't feel like lag (the stutter effect I notice lag causes)

This is the players just fumble on the ball and feel slow to respond or move - allowing the opponent to steal ball of u.... dribbling feels clumsy and slow..... the game feels very different...

I have played 100s of games of fifa so I know when this is happening and when its not.

I think you're just completely confusing momentum effects and genuine lag from EA servers. You talked earlier about testing your connection but then you posted results of the bandwidth. It's not bandwidth that is going to be the problem. You could have 2MB down and 2MB up and it would make no difference it's the latency which is important. That's why I think you just don't understand the cause and effect of whatever it is you think you're experiencing. I don't believe for a second that your players can't move properly from kick off. I think it's in your head :D.

Have you also considered that you just might be bad at the game sometimes too and that's causing weird things to happen? Genuine question because I've had runs where ridiculous stuff was happening to me and I was playing like a **** so...

Either way blaming your connection for players falling over isn't going to get you anywhere.

I am enjoying this formation to a certain extent. I haven't the time to play that many games but I have just been promoted to D3 with a couple of games to spare.

People have been talking about momentum and sometimes it really is a killer. At times it feels like your opponent has given up and someone better is playing for them. One of the game I play was against an 81 rated Ligue 1 team which I ended up losing 2-1 to after being 1-0 up for 60% of the game. As you can probably guess, they were 2 Cavani headers.

I've got Fab and Khedira as CDMs but Khedira feels very slow and clumsy so I think I'll replace him with either Alonso or Busquest, although I don't really like either. Maybe Rakitic or Modric could go there.

If you've got the coins either the 85/86 mascherano is superb in midfield.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have BT Infinity and my connection is great - 80 download 20 upload... Pings to BBC is 18ms Pings to EA in America is 100ms - I know its the latency which is important, but I feel my pings are fine.

Its not me being bad at the game at certain times - I can feel instantly after a few passes its acting sluggish and gameplay is off....

The past few days has been constantly awful in varying degrees.....

3 days ago I had about 7 games which were great in a row - and this was against people from Germany, UK, France, Italy and Spain.....

I am always selected as HOME team which means my connection is solid...

I cant believe I am always getting matched against laggy players as its so consistant when its bad and when its good.

Soldato
There's a lot of Saudi's on playstation. I don't even ready up against anybody with KSA in their name, a Saudi badge or kit or anything to identify them of Arab origin. There's no point due to the lag involved but also they all play the game like retards.

Soldato
If playing FUT I do the same and don't play these kind of players....

Ive been playing Fifa H2H seasons and you can see after who you played against - if its from America or Saudi then I can understand the laggy feeling....

Not playing player after player in uk, or other European places...

Soldato
There's a lot of Saudi's on playstation. I don't even ready up against anybody with KSA in their name, a Saudi badge or kit or anything to identify them of Arab origin. There's no point due to the lag involved but also they all play the game like retards.

I agree you with here but i did have one game i really enjoyed where he was pretty much talking during the game which made it quite comical.

Soldato
Most of you guys aren't gonna like this :D

http://bit.ly/1mv3HH1

If the coins for playing a game wasn't so little and the price for packs so high then people wouldn't need to buy coins but EA are greedy ******** and want people to spend cash on EA points.

Some gamers choose to buy coins in order to gain an upper hand in FUT. However, buying coins diminishes the enjoyment of FUT for all players, creates an unfair advantage, and impacts the balance of the game.

So buying coins creates an unfair advantage and unbalances the game yet spending £100s on pack doesn't?

Last edited:
Soldato
By the time I bought coins this year I think EA had lost interest in it. It'll be the same this year. They'll actively monitor it for a few months then give up.

Doesn't bother me I'll get some packs at the beginning then see what I've got.

Back
Top Bottom