FIFA 14

Soldato
As long as you enjoy it, that's is all that matters mate :) Prices are shot right now though.

Although I couldn't get along with TOTS Defoe, he just never did anything for me!

Tried TOTT Muller again last night, he's not the man I remember, quickly offloaded again, TOTS Sokratis was 4 months in the making and not as awesome as he was hoped to be, although maybe I need to hybrid things up a bit!

Yeah I do have fun, I like beating teams full of special players as well. Defoe is the first special player I've had. He's scored a few goals for me but he's so weak on the ball which is a bit annoying. I might sell him, but I'm not sure I can really afford any other players right now. Not that it matters, FIFA 15 is right around the corner :)

Associate
I've sold Messi for a crazy amount of 4,000.000, only cost me 1,000.000. That should help my transfer profits :)

But i still can't buy Ibrahimovic, only player i wanted to try in Fifa 14 :( now going for 4,500.000.

Will we have a price crash soon? May just sit on the 4 million coins, or will everything keep going up?

Last edited:
Soldato
I can't see things ever going down, people are still opening packs to get rid of unwanted coins right now and prices aren't shifting, once that lot have moved to '15, there will be less new injections of cards into the market.

Soldato
In the past year or so I've really managed to curb my rage towards online sports games (mainly FIFA and NHL), but last night was a bloody joke.

I was 2 wins and 2 draws in div 1, so I was hoping I could get a good run and maybe push for the title, but last night I then lost 4 in a row, with some infuriating goals, and playing games where it felt like I had about 0.1 seconds on the ball every tiem I had it. What the hell is that? The other team were just always in my face, and my players couldn't pass, were getting pushed off the ball easily, and my shooting was woeful. To make matters worse, the 4th loss was to some kid who was playing AWFUL music down his mic the whole time, and i couldn't work out how to block him. Playing in silence just annoyed me more.

I took a 10 minute break and went back and just about managed a 3-2 win in my 5th game, although at 2-1 up, in the 88th minute, I accidently passed it from a goal kick straight to his striker and he scored. He made me watch all the replays and I could hear him mocking me on the mic. I went up the other end from kick off and scored the winner, I made him watch all the replays of course, and sent him a message asking him if he enjoyed them. No reply.

Last night was not a good FIFA night.

Associate
I've sold Messi for a crazy amount of 4,000.000, only cost me 1,000.000. That should help my transfer profits :)

But i still can't buy Ibrahimovic, only player i wanted to try in Fifa 14 :( now going for 4,500.000.

Will we have a price crash soon? May just sit on the 4 million coins, or will everything keep going up?

As fewer and fewer people open packs, the more scarce players will be, especially the non inform rarer players. Thus prices will more likely go up. However, this may be countered by people selling up as they move onto FIFA 15. All in all, it is unlikely there will be a price crash as that would require a large influx of cards as seen when TOTS packs were available.

Soldato
Played a mate 3 games and the game was sluggish and felt really bad.... UK cable connection....

Then played another game which was so much better - checked his details and he was from Spain....

Crap...

Soldato
Are you really still trying to rationalise it?

You can't tell where somebody is from unless you message them. It only says language on the profile but Saudi's for example put United Kingdom on there so it's not definitive.

Soldato
In the past year or so I've really managed to curb my rage towards online sports games (mainly FIFA and NHL), but last night was a bloody joke.

I was 2 wins and 2 draws in div 1, so I was hoping I could get a good run and maybe push for the title, but last night I then lost 4 in a row, with some infuriating goals, and playing games where it felt like I had about 0.1 seconds on the ball every tiem I had it. What the hell is that? The other team were just always in my face, and my players couldn't pass, were getting pushed off the ball easily, and my shooting was woeful. To make matters worse, the 4th loss was to some kid who was playing AWFUL music down his mic the whole time, and i couldn't work out how to block him. Playing in silence just annoyed me more.

I took a 10 minute break and went back and just about managed a 3-2 win in my 5th game, although at 2-1 up, in the 88th minute, I accidently passed it from a goal kick straight to his striker and he scored. He made me watch all the replays and I could hear him mocking me on the mic. I went up the other end from kick off and scored the winner, I made him watch all the replays of course, and sent him a message asking him if he enjoyed them. No reply.

Last night was not a good FIFA night.

Nothing to do with your losses, but we should catch up for a few games before 15.

Soldato
Are you really still trying to rationalise it?

You can't tell where somebody is from unless you message them. It only says language on the profile but Saudi's for example put United Kingdom on there so it's not definitive.

If you playing H2H seasons in Fifa itself it actually says country...

Explain to me why 3 games vs a guy who I know and lives locally was really bad for all 3 games we drew 1 lost 1 and won 1.....

Then a game vs a player who has lost 8 games in a row vs me in division 2 would be near perfect?

That cannot be fifaids or whatever

The games were sluggish from start...

Soldato

Explain to me why 3 games vs a guy who I know and lives locally was really bad for all 3 games we drew 1 lost 1 and won 1.....

Then a game vs a player who has lost 8 games in a row vs me in division 2 would be near perfect?

Does it? I didn't think it did.

I honestly don't know where to begin.

You do realise non Pro Clubs games are peer to peer right so if the other person has a council estate connection with 8 kids leeching on it at the same time you will lag as well?

You do realise there can be routing issues on your and his end which will cause you to lag?

You do realise that if both you and your opponent doesn't have the necessary ports open it can cause lag?

You do realise that if your opponent downloads a load of stuff in peak time his connection may be throttled which causes lag?

You do realise if your opponenet is wirelessly connected there may be interference causing lag?

You do realise that there could be temporary issues at whoever you're playing's end which causes lag?

You do realise the EA servers can have issues either from being overloaded or from being DDoS'd?

You do realise the game can feel sluggish due to momentum being against you?

There's so many different things which can affect it that your attempts to rationalise it are completely pointless.

Just accept it as part and parcel of playing FIFA and either move on from it or stop playing for the love of God.

Soldato

This is going to go on forever isn't it :(

it could be down to any number of things, people in X street hammering the exchange, exchange over populated and unable to cope, someone in one of the houses streaming a lot of stuff while you are on, there's plenty of things, you can blame EA for a lot, but not really this, I say you drop it tbh :)

If you REALLy want to test, do you have a 4g smartphone? If you do, tether your xbox/ps4/whatever you use to that, and try again, on 4g you should be on 10mb+ which is fine for any online gaming even with mobile stutter thrown in if applicable at the time, if its still jerky, blame EA, if not, its your connection/routing/neighbours/dog.

Soldato
They'd best let locals play together online in 15. I wanna play with my housemate but you can't do it online in 14 and it makes me a sad panda :(

Soldato
This is going to go on forever isn't it :(

it could be down to any number of things, people in X street hammering the exchange, exchange over populated and unable to cope, someone in one of the houses streaming a lot of stuff while you are on, there's plenty of things, you can blame EA for a lot, but not really this, I say you drop it tbh :)

If you REALLy want to test, do you have a 4g smartphone? If you do, tether your xbox/ps4/whatever you use to that, and try again, on 4g you should be on 10mb+ which is fine for any online gaming even with mobile stutter thrown in if applicable at the time, if its still jerky, blame EA, if not, its your connection/routing/neighbours/dog.

It's not really to do with bandwidth though, more latency? (Mobile connections don't generally have super low stable latency - if he did that test he'd probably get poor results and blame EA again)

Even if you're playing someone down the road, everythings got to go back to your ISP, then back again - something in the route could be borked or one of you is on a saturated / contended connection.

Or just derp derp derp blame EA derp.

Soldato
I have a perfect connection - ping of 16ms and 0 jitter and 80 meg down 20meg up...

When I have lag and the person replies they say there game is fine - but for me is a sluggish fest........ so what is that then?

Its nowt to do with EAids because that kicks in during game - if its gonna be sluggish it will be from start......

Back
Top Bottom