FIFA 18

Ree

Ree

Associate
been an interesting few weeks for me as my team has improved dramatically with the tots sbc's. got neymar so had to make some changes to squad. was bitterly disappointed to get kroos with the first ultimate sbc but got de gea in the second who just slots in nicely. wc mode has been decent, got haircut ronaldo etc its a good mode for getting stellar players and squads quickly. i just desperately need a lb (alba) to make it solid. both my squads below.

477b37896f1cf869a90f1a6cb8c6aeff.jpg

acbbed321d53ff3749fce8adeb1302a6.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
In Mode WC i have Pele, Maradona, Blanc, Deco, Hernandez, Nakata and Costa... But i use only 100k fifa coins. It is funny i want only Ronaldo and i have the best team in this mode :)

Soldato
Yeap I've got five icons and I've hardly played t... so there's a high chance you'll come up against a decent team. Not sure if there's any team seeding done either - my icons are Maradona, Klose, Rui Costa, Puyol, and Blanc

That said, there are lots of people playing WC mode with no qualification required (like you have with the weekend league in the main game) so that means you can win the occasional game with a weaker team. Also means lots of rage quitting!!

Soldato
To prove my point.... I’ve just come accross a team with 9 icons, and the other two players were Ronaldo and Walker - I ended up winning 3-2, and one of those goals was a gift, and I’m not even that good at FIFA :D

Soldato
Seems a complete lottery what you come up against, one game you'll play against 10 Legends, the next a poor bloke with 50 chemistry. I got the 95 Ronaldo which seems to be a guaranteed win unless they have 2 Legend CBs, God he's so OP every year.

Caporegime
Yeah, the repeatable icon SBC has made it the opposite to normal FUT where pretty much anyone can have a boss team for nothing. Good to be able to try out some of the best players on the game but gets stale after you've flicked the ball over a hundred heads with Ronaldinho.

Soldato
Hmm haven't played in a while don't really know what the WC mode is about but what should I do with 1.5millon?

Depends on what you want to play - normal FUT or WC mode.... 1.5 million would get you a good TOTS squad and it would also buy lots of premium packs in WC mode which in turn would create a great squad

Or split if 50/50 and have a decent squad in both versions :)

Soldato
Depends on what you want to play - normal FUT or WC mode.... 1.5 million would get you a good TOTS squad and it would also buy lots of premium packs in WC mode which in turn would create a great squad

Or split if 50/50 and have a decent squad in both versions :)
Just dropped 200k into WC mode. Have lineker, Hernandez, Costa, Deco and puyol not sure am liking the mode tho.

Associate
I use 350k in WC and I have Ronaldo(Nazario), Hernandez, Pele, Maradona, Ronaldinho, Puyol, Deco, Klose, Costa, Yashin, Nakata. And "normal" player- Messi, Neymar, Pogba, Suarez, Walker, Kante, Paulinho, De Gea, Kane and etc... In WC it is funny, no professional competition. ;) But I Very like this mode.

Soldato
The teams you come up against are so silly. Renato Sanches hasn't won a 50/50 in about 2 weeks, just gets absolutely butt****ed by silly Legends.

Caporegime
The teams you come up against are so silly. Renato Sanches hasn't won a 50/50 in about 2 weeks, just gets absolutely butt****ed by silly Legends.

I haven't spent any money on WC mode and had barely any coins from normal FUT and I've still got a squad of icons in WC mode? All you need to do is keep playing the group stage and hopefully win the premium pack for qualifying then do the repeatable icon SBC every time you can submit a squad for it, once you start getting duplicate icons it becomes much easier to get the rating of the squad up as well, as you don't have to use loads of 83+ rated normal players.

I've gone 4-2-2-2 with:

Henry - Pele
Ronaldinho - Maradonna
Rui Costa - Matthaus
Jordi Alba - Blanc - Bobby Moore - Walker
De Gea

Ronaldo (CR7) and Sergio Ramos on the bench if the opponent has pacey forwards to replace Bobby.

Soldato
i play 3-4-3 with my legends

Yashin

Blanc - Puyol - Moore

Deco Maradona Matthaus Okocha

Neymar Pele Messi

Would really like to get Lineker and Ronaldo but ive not managed to get em yet, ive had moore, Blanc, Costa and Maradona about 4 times unfortuantely :(

Kinda spoils world cup mode though, too easy to get the legends!

Back
Top Bottom