FIFA 19

Don
OP
I cringe so hard at some of these “I’m dropping £300 on UT day one” posts. I’ve seen a few on twitter claiming they’re dropping a grand on it, like it’s some kind of biggest dick contest.

People can do what they like with their money, but I think only mugs drop that sort of money on something like UT. You’re paying through the teeth for nothing really, just virtual cards. And no matter who you have, you’ll still get whopped by people better than you. Maybe I’m just getting old, but I can’t see it. I’ll spend a max of £20-£30 on day one. The thought of spending £200+ on virtual cards makes me feel nauseous.

There isn't much difference with anything you can spend hundreds on to bring you a years amount of entertainment, football matches/night outs/junk food etc etc cost £100s over the course of year, not sure what the difference in spending the equivalent on a game? It's all relative to what brings you enjoyment.

Anyway, I dropped quite a bit on 18 and had a competitive team after the first month, the longevity of the game ended for me so I'm not doing to the same this year. I'll drop some money to get me enough packs and a team with fitness/contracts but I aim to build up to a good team. It's nice to use Ronaldo and co but in the end it's all about the player playing in the end.

Caporegime
This year the gap between those who spend and those who don’t is going to widen with all the extra icons, I can see quite a few of the new ones being meta players.

There was no denying the advantage they gave last year as even the pros were saying how ridiculous it was, many games they were facing off with identical lineups.

Soldato
The above is mainly the reason I quit. Couldnt compete without spending and made the game redundant. 18 was a cluster **** at the best of times but previous fifas you had a slight chance of winning against the icon and meta teams. 18 however no chance.

Associate
This will be the 1st Fifa I don’t buy on release. Only really play UT and the enjoyment has declined for me other the last few years so will just not bother this year.

Soldato
If you're a spender and like icons it'll be even more addictive.

As I'm sure you can remember from 18, I didn't spend a penny and grafted my way to the team I got which I was pretty proud of. BPM worked for me, but just don't know if I'm willing to invest the time I did again if the gameplay is naff and FUT Champs remains toxic.

Man of Honour
FUT 18 was the first time I've played FUT, and I get the appeal now. I must have played 2000 games!

I spent a lot more than I initially intended, but for the most part it was enjoyable. FIFA is rage-inducing unlike anything else I've ever encountered though.

Hoping 19 will be better in many ways. The demo seems very different from 18 to me, perhaps because I played so many games. The timed shooting is great but needs to remain very difficult to do, because it makes shooting so powerful. If people can easily master it and smash shots in from everywhere, I can see it being a problem.

People can say what they like, but if you get many hours (possibly hundreds of hours) of enjoyment from FUT, then surely you can spend what you like. People will happily spend thousands on a holiday for example, for ultimately the same reason - enjoyment.

Caporegime
Doubt it, its a new feature that EA won't want to go back on. It'll be the new driven shot.

Lots of things usually change from demo to initial launch and the first few patches, they aren't going to have a game where you can just bang in five 40 yarders a game, the outrage will be too much. It was like last year when they buffed the keepers and reduced shot accuracy in the 1.03 patch.

Back
Top Bottom