FIFA 20

Don
OP
So am curious in how you guys have opted to play it early?

10 hour trail from ea access
EA access premier sub so full game anyway
Pre order ultimate edition.

I was looking at there Premier sub but we'll I don't really play many ea games these days so doubt work out as value for me (up coming wise only want nfs heat and new star wars)

Pay for a month. Don’t pay for the year (EA Access)

Soldato
The Kanté I bought has gone up by almost 80k, market has been crazy.

I wonder how much it’ll drop by the full release date.
I've been trading a while now and if I sold up probably have 1M. I followed KDB and Bernardo Silva. They spiked massively for a hour or so then they drop. So sell in the hype and as Chelsea lost even though scored, Kante won't get totw.

I haz 4090!
Don
I accidentally ordered the standard version and not the early access one, and Sony won't refund me or change versions, because I've already "downloaded" it (EA access version). Telling them they're losing money doesn't seem to have any effect :(

Caporegime
I changed for my last couple of games from 442(2) which i used with great success last game, to 41212 and it was great balance of defending and attack. Both games ended up with them quitting.

In the 442(2) I basically had 1 CM set to 'always defend and the other balanced so effectively 1 would be a CDM, but I found that the other CM wasn't pushing up high enough for my liking, even with 'get forward'. It was very hard to form a triangle even with having one of the strikers set to 'always defend' and basically make them a CAM. They just weren't linking up properly and the odd positioning meant when I got the ball outwide I didn't have enough runners into the box. I had a play with custom tactics a bit but couldn't get it right like I had it last game.

41212 though only 2 games seems a lot better. Some initial thoughts...

The CDM with 'cover centre' is great and actually acts like a CDM, unlike the fake one in the 442(2).

The wide players just kept them as default everything and their defending work is good but also their attacking movement is really dynamic. In the 442(2) they seemed to stick outwide a lot and not make any space. They were making inside supporting runs when a ST had the ball but also going outside when the CAM or CDM had the ball.

I set the CAM to 'free roam' and 'get forward' as I noticed from playing the 442(2) the players who I was trying to force into a CAM position where easily picked up in the middle by a defenders CM or CDM. But this 'free roam' CAM who is Winks I might add currently :D was making a lot of space for himself to pick up the ball and when they didn't have it a lot of supporting runs.

Sadly I've done my 10 hours now. Will continue with this formation for a bit though .

Associate
Hi.

Im new to ultimate team mode, I've always just played 'seasons' previously. I have so many questions about the mode but will only ask a few here, any help would be great.

I purchased 24,000 FIFA points and have a bunch of players, lots of low-mid 80's with Andy Robertson being the highlight. Id like to try and make some money from trading but don't really know where to start. I currently have about 64,000 coins.

1. Should I sell all my players including the best ones ? If so when ? I see people saying to sell tomorrow ? why is tomorrow good time to sell ? what's the logic behind it ?

2. Do player cards you own ever improve ? Do players overall or individual ratings go up based on real life performances or are they locked in permanently (bar the effects of chemistry/training etc)

3. Whats the deal with the team of the week cards and why are they worth owning even though some of the players aren't that good from a stat perspective ?

4. Do people hoard all the average players they get ? for example should I sell everyone who is ranked under 78 or around that ? Is there any benefit to harding players beyond having them available for SBC challenges ?

5. Are slow players useless in this game mode ? I see high rated players like Parejo at Valencia and Koke at Atletico Madrid going for peanuts because they are slow, same goes for lots of central defenders. Is pace everything ?

Hope that's not too many questions. Sorry for being a noob.

Soldato
Hi.

Im new to ultimate team mode, I've always just played 'seasons' previously. I have so many questions about the mode but will only ask a few here, any help would be great.

I purchased 24,000 FIFA points and have a bunch of players, lots of low-mid 80's with Andy Robertson being the highlight. Id like to try and make some money from trading but don't really know where to start. I currently have about 64,000 coins.

1. Should I sell all my players including the best ones ? If so when ? I see people saying to sell tomorrow ? why is tomorrow good time to sell ? what's the logic behind it ?

2. Do player cards you own ever improve ? Do players overall or individual ratings go up based on real life performances or are they locked in permanently (bar the effects of chemistry/training etc)

3. Whats the deal with the team of the week cards and why are they worth owning even though some of the players aren't that good from a stat perspective ?

4. Do people hoard all the average players they get ? for example should I sell everyone who is ranked under 78 or around that ? Is there any benefit to harding players beyond having them available for SBC challenges ?

5. Are slow players useless in this game mode ? I see high rated players like Parejo at Valencia and Koke at Atletico Madrid going for peanuts because they are slow, same goes for lots of central defenders. Is pace everything ?

Hope that's not too many questions. Sorry for being a noob.

1. The market is all about supply and demand. At the early stages of the game, certain players go through the roof. Best thing I can suggest is bookmark Futbin and check price trends of players.

2. The only cards that are dynamic are the Ones to Watch cards: if a player gets an In Form (IF) then their OTW will get those stats. There is also winter upgrades which normally happen during the end of the January transfer window; if a players NIF (non in form aka normal card) gets an upgrade, the only cards associated with that player that will get an upgrade that you might own are the in forms.

3. TOTW cards are cards (in-forms) that are awarded for real life performances from the weekend gone. Some obviously popular, some not.

4. League SBCs will often dictate certain players being required. Depends what you want to do. Again, market trends.

5. Pace this year seems to mean a lot, but word on the grapevine is that slower players are more useable this year.

Associate
1. The market is all about supply and demand. At the early stages of the game, certain players go through the roof. Best thing I can suggest is bookmark Futbin and check price trends of players.

2. The only cards that are dynamic are the Ones to Watch cards: if a player gets an In Form (IF) then their OTW will get those stats. There is also winter upgrades which normally happen during the end of the January transfer window; if a players NIF (non in form aka normal card) gets an upgrade, the only cards associated with that player that will get an upgrade that you might own are the in forms.

3. TOTW cards are cards (in-forms) that are awarded for real life performances from the weekend gone. Some obviously popular, some not.

4. League SBCs will often dictate certain players being required. Depends what you want to do. Again, market trends.

5. Pace this year seems to mean a lot, but word on the grapevine is that slower players are more useable this year.

Thanks for the response, that clears some things up for me. Going back to the first question, is there a particular reason for selling tomorrow rather than the day before release ? does anything of significance happen on the Monday of each week which effects market value ?

Associate
Made about 100K from SB rewards and haven’t sold Auba obviously.

I’ve been buying squad fitnesses off the market for minimum bids. Will hold them in the club and potentially sell them come WL. People paid 1.5K plus for them last year, couple sold for even more. Normally I wouldn’t make long term investments but they literally cost **** all right now and I can always use them. :)

What time are people offloading players tonight? I might not sell everyone, even though it’s easy coins I kinda want to hold on to my first owner Salah and Auba.

I asked above but why are people offloading players tonight specifically and why at a specific time ?

Soldato
Finally bit the bullet. Paid £71 for £80 worth of top up card. Paid for Ea access for a month thinking I could stack the 10% off with the pre-order through fifa 19 discount. So ended up paying for Ea access for a couple hours gameplay tonight :o

Back
Top Bottom