FIFA 20

Soldato
Marcelo is a downgrade, his card is rubbish this year. I thought pogba was good but not good enough to justify his price tag. He’s very cumbersome on the ball given he has high dribbling stats. Did a decent job for me as a CDM in 4231 narrow but there are better cards this year, at least for my play style.

Hmm, pace aside Marcelo looked pretty solid, but I'll happily listen to you point :) The one stumbling block for a lot of what I'm looking at is RB, Walker is solid, but so are Silva & Marquinos and its making it a pain to get the right setup without forcing certain players.

Soldato
He’s always been a weak defender (other than his TOTY cards etc) but his skills made up for it. However you can’t chain skill moves together as effectively this year and you’re never going to be in a shooting position with him, so his main plus points are moot in my opinion. Given how effective pace and wingers are this year you need quick/strong fullbacks. That’s why I enjoy Cancelo so much. I have Alba as a LB, he makes up for size with speed and high defensive stats. Looking to switch him to Tello or Sandro at some point though.

Hybrid teams can be awkward. I try to use formations like 451 etc that have minimal links to the wing backs to reduce chemistry issues. 433 (standard) also has only 2 links to wingers and full backs.

Yep, makes sense, but with Casemiro dropping back it essentially works as 5ATB when defending so Marquinos plays a bit wider and has enough pace to keep things together, Marcelo could be an option as Telles does get both up wide and inside but then struggles to deliver.

Might just try Marcelo & see, if not I'll bin him.

Soldato
Haha really? You are in a high division though to be fair. His goal contributions/game ratio is ridiculous for me:

Games: 89
Goals: 89
Assists: 79

Mostly div rivals and fut champs (and I suck in div rivals this year, although almost into div 3).
i was nearly division 2, now im hanging on in division 3.

Soldato
I've gone to an ultra high line pressing tactic for Rivals this week, want to get as many goals as possible, get Rank 1 done in as few games as I can as time to play is limited. Surprisingly I'm winning a lot more than I'm losing, seems people are struggling to adjust to somebody not playing drop back. Knocking on Division 3's door.

Hoping we get a big name POTM this weekend so I can cash out my investments and I'll have a good 2 mil to improve the team at least.

By the way, Futbin club analyser is out lads.

Edit: Out tomorrow, my bad.

Soldato
I've gone to an ultra high line pressing tactic for Rivals this week, want to get as many goals as possible, get Rank 1 done in as few games as I can as time to play is limited. Surprisingly I'm winning a lot more than I'm losing, seems people are struggling to adjust to somebody not playing drop back. Knocking on Division 3's door.

Hoping we get a big name POTM this weekend so I can cash out my investments and I'll have a good 2 mil to improve the team at least.

By the way, Futbin club analyser is out lads.

Edit: Out tomorrow, my bad.

What players have you invested in? I've got a few 88s I've been holding onto.

Caporegime
Anyone else find the player switching is completely broken?

Not sure if it's the same online as it is off, I've given up completely with the online side of this game, but the AI in Squad Battles keeps switching to a player further away from the ball when they're close to the goal which means I can't stop them shooting and scoring.

I accepted the AI cheated in 18 but this game isn't even fun to play offline either.

Back
Top Bottom