** FIFA 2009 League ** (360) - That time again!

Associate
I have just re-read the thread, and just wondering if people are wanting to play the games in a weekly format or just play as an when. I know it is easier to just say "here are the players play when you like" however this means there is no definite end date and that is when leagues can drag.

What are your guys thoughts on this? free for all, weekly, bi weekly, 3/4 games to be played in two week period?

Having played in all of the 08 leagues and also assisted in some its not easy to organise everyone. Some people have a lot more spare time than others.

The main reason why the majority of the leagues we organise never get finished is because many people race off and finish all their games in the first week or so and therefore have nothing else to do and there are other people who can only get online for 2 hours a night max cannot play games because no-one else is about, or like last time when most of us were playing 5v5. Also, some people would play their required games for a week then not accept others requests for matches until after the week passed. Leaving these players unable to meet their required quota.

Associate
Having played in all of the 08 leagues and also assisted in some its not easy to organise everyone. Some people have a lot more spare time than others.

The main reason why the majority of the leagues we organise never get finished is because many people race off and finish all their games in the first week or so and therefore have nothing else to do and there are other people who can only get online for 2 hours a night max cannot play games because no-one else is about, or like last time when most of us were playing 5v5. Also, some people would play their required games for a week then not accept others requests for matches until after the week passed. Leaving these players unable to meet their required quota.

I do understand the reasons why leagues are unfinished I just wonder what peoples opinions and suggestion were on how the league should be structured to combat it

Soldato
Updated list:

Andybtsn / Andybtsn
GandyCane / Sarahbtsn
Anders0n / Ander50n
Lucifurr / Lucifurr1982
RuMp3l4$k1n / RuMp3l4$k1n
TimBrad / TimBrad
NorthstaNder / NorthstaNder
Metalface Mark / Metalface Mark
Soulja / Soulja05
lee87 / lee1187
tsinc80697 / SaintmOrt
simo182 / simo182
Tunney / Tunney
cookiem0nster / dannyboy2304
Phil99 / PhilH99
Droolinggimp / Droolinggimp
Scarecrow / The 5carecrow
R0B75 / R0B 75
Twinblade / Alex1982UK
utajoker / utajoker182
da_mic_1530 / da mic 153
NaTe / nathers
SentineL-X / SentineLxx
roboffer / SmokinMonkeyFTM
fergie128 / TartanTerrorist
Fubsy / Fubsy86
hilly / H1lleh

27 people there, not sure how many you can have but maybe it would be better to have 2 leagues like there was last time?

Regarding teams, as long as it's not 5* or 4.5* I think it would be fine, providing everyone has an equal star rating unlike the cup.

Soldato
Two would be best. 26 games would be too much for most people, I'd assume. Maybe top 2 of each league going into a play-off? Seeding is another option. However I'd predict that the lower seeds (aka the unknown quantities) are the most likely to drop out and so the second league might not be much fun.

Maybe limit it to two leagues of 14? I have no idea about what FIFA's online leagues can support.

I'm happy with any star rating as long as its four stars or below. Randomised teams seems like the best option.

Soldato
I personally feel that one 4 or 5 star team should be drawn at random and everyone should as that team (assuming 2 teams the same can play each other, though they can online generally) then it is purely down to ability and no excuses.

Even having a random selection of 3 or whatever star teams causes a problem because even though teams are rated the same they generally are completely different to play with.

Take Genova who I had in the cup for example, they were really slow but very strong and playing against Wigan as I did in the first round, Heskey was skinning me for pace and I was lucky to win on Pens.

Just my 2p...

Don
OP
Updated list:

Andybtsn / Andybtsn
GandyCane / Sarahbtsn
Anders0n / Ander50n
Lucifurr / Lucifurr1982
RuMp3l4$k1n / RuMp3l4$k1n
TimBrad / TimBrad
NorthstaNder / NorthstaNder
Metalface Mark / Metalface Mark
Soulja / Soulja05
lee87 / lee1187
tsinc80697 / SaintmOrt
simo182 / simo182
Tunney / Tunney
cookiem0nster / dannyboy2304
Phil99 / PhilH99
Droolinggimp / Droolinggimp
Scarecrow / The 5carecrow
R0B75 / R0B 75
Twinblade / Alex1982UK
utajoker / utajoker182
da_mic_1530 / da mic 153
NaTe / nathers
SentineL-X / SentineLxx
roboffer / SmokinMonkeyFTM
fergie128 / TartanTerrorist
Fubsy / Fubsy86
hilly / H1lleh

27 people there, not sure how many you can have but maybe it would be better to have 2 leagues like there was last time?

Regarding teams, as long as it's not 5* or 4.5* I think it would be fine, providing everyone has an equal star rating unlike the cup.

Thanks dude, have updated the OP with the list.

If anyone has decent info regarding the leagues just post it and I'll add it to the OP to combat people asking how everything works. Have already added a sentence from Lee which helps people.

Two leagues looks the easiest, our most successful league was when we had two leagues, League A and League B with teams drawn out completely random. You then fight your way for promotion or get relegated, Once you have played all your games, the top 6 (if there was 12 teams for example) get promoted to the Premiership from both League A andd B, the bottom 6 go to the Championship.

How about it?

It worked great last time around and there's a little something more to play for fight relegation or get promoted, makes it a lot more exciting. Hope I explained it well enough!

Soldato
good idea, although I do like the sound of seeding's :)

Just to confirm, will this league be set up in game and everyone racing to sign up with the password, as sometimes people late in from work get their place nicked by someone who hasn't even signed up?

Don
OP
good idea, although I do like the sound of seeding's :)

Just to confirm, will this league be set up in game and everyone racing to sign up with the password, as sometimes people late in from work get their place nicked by someone who hasn't even signed up?

That won't happen. I'll stick the password on here but anyone who hasn't signed up on here will just be kicked.

Soldato
Sounds good lads.

I think for teams random 3 or 4 star is the best way to go. If everyone has the same team then it gets so boring with zero variety. It might be equal as can be but it's just no fun. Letting people pick there own teams isn't fair and people will always be complaining.

Soldato
I personally like the idea of 2 leagues with a playoffs stage, that way once the league stage was done people would (hopefully) get supported by thier respective leagues and we could build up some north vs south rivalry. Promotion/relegation didnt really work as people often drop out/vanish between seasons making a farce of the whole idea. When you start with promotion/relegation your really asking for people to commit to more than 1 season imo.

Either way its all good fun.

What are peoples thoughts regarding Adidas live season? On or Off?
All off imo as leagues take a while and people teams will fluctuate unfairly.

Don
OP
I personally like the idea of 2 leagues with a playoffs stage, that way once the league stage was done people would (hopefully) get supported by thier respective leagues and we could build up some north vs south rivalry. Promotion/relegation didnt really work as people often drop out/vanish between seasons making a farce of the whole idea. When you start with promotion/relegation your really asking for people to commit to more than 1 season imo.

I came up with this idea last time purely as you wouldn't play that many games in one league so although it's a season in theory your hardly committing to that many games.
It was great when we had one big league of about 30 players as there were so many games to play and in the end that's what everyone wanted to do.

Soldato
Can anyone research how many 3/4 star teams there are? Ideally we want the same star teams then if there aren't any left we'll move onto four star teams for players.

Hi Andy,

Got a lits of national sides star ratings from the EA forums:

4 Star
Sweden
Czech Republic
Cameroon
Denmark
Greece
Paraguay
Rep. of Ireland
Romania
Scotland