FIFA Women's World Cup 2023 **spoilers** [20th July - 20th August 2023]

Enjoyed that mind. Never watched the womens game before and it was miles better than I expected. England bossed the first half it’s fair to say and other than the 15 minute spell around Kerrs goal were definitely the better team and deserved winners. Hemp had an absolute stormer and had the beating of that fullback all game capped off with a class goal. Respect.

Enjoyed that mind. Never watched the womens game before and it was miles better than I expected. England bossed the first half it’s fair to say and other than the 15 minute spell around Kerrs goal were definitely the better team and deserved winners. Hemp had an absolute stormer and had the beating of that fullback all game capped off with a class goal. Respect.

The Womens game is good, its just slow and the goalkeeping is comical at times. Games are a lot more open so you get more excitement sometimes. I only ever watch the England womens games but I enjoy them for sure. Part of that is being more invested in the result than I would be otherwise.

Trouble in Spain camp?

There were also complaints around Vilda's conduct. It is alleged he created a controlling environment, with Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo reporting he forced players to keep the doors of their rooms open until midnight to check for himself that they were there before going to sleep.

Vilda was allegedly in charge of closing the door and making sure the lights were turned off. These practices were abandoned after the 2019 World Cup following complaints from players but there are still heavy restrictions on their freedoms while in camp.

Vilda's control is said to be excessive to the point he will check their bags when they return from a shopping trip while players also have to say who they are meeting if they want to leave camp, with all movement subject to strict surveillance.

Last edited:
Reactions: fez
I think they’ve already had to move camps because of alleged ‘boredom’ and one of their subs visibly snubbed a coach in the last game while being subbed. Not a harmonious dressing room, but to progress this far despite of that might say something in itself.

I wouldn't even expect that if the men won it :p
No idea why theres even a discussion about it, the England Womens Cricket team reached the final of the Cricket World Cup just last year and nobody was calling for a holiday if we won it. In fact, truth be told, the media barely even covered the fact that we were in the World Cup final. Dont think it was even televised.

Back
Top Bottom