FIFA Women's World Cup 2023 **spoilers** [20th July - 20th August 2023]

It occurs to me the goalkeepers have a bit of an uphill battle in the women's game.

In women's skiing they have shorter skiis (except I think Vonn used men's skiis for a while, anyway...), in athletics the women's hurdles are lower and it's over 100 not 110m....

Goalkeepers have to deal with the same goals as, generally, taller men. I think that has to be kept in mind when considering the goals conceded and it's one reason why the women's and men's game shouldn't be compared.

I watch women's athletics and skiing and don't compare them to the men's, I just watch them in their own right.

Anyway, random ramble. I'm hoping what with the drama Spain have had since last year doesn't see them inevitably win and instead England bring their A game. They have class when at their best.

This coverage is so cringe
yes they do it a disservice with the repeating advertising with female presenter yelling maniacally (Wilma?) at the top of her voice on goal/incidents.

---

Had it been in a decent time zone I suspect a royal would attend -
when they bid for these events, they've got to realise, like the commonwealth games, tv audience size is the seller, even paris olympics how much do usa tv bids for that reduce.
BBC not disclosed how much they finally paid

Never mind Rishi is rooting for them - that will be Australian news headlines.

england-fans-world-cup.gif

Back
Top Bottom