FIFA Women's World Cup 2023 **spoilers** [20th July - 20th August 2023]

Watched a bit of the last couple of days, standard not the best but there’s significantly less cheating than the men’s game from what I’ve seen.

USA aside, plenty of cheating going on from them.

Its just so slow whenever I watch any of it. Its like they've turned down the speed 20-30%. There is some nice football at times but its hard to get too excited outside of later stage England games for me.

So VAR reviews and the ref's giving a reason for the decision. Is this a WC thing only, or will we see it in the Premership this season?
Can't see it being used in the Prem personally but you never know. Prem refs probably have too much clout, they won't want it because of the risk they look stupid explaining their decision to millions of people. They won't get a medal for a good explanation but they will be crucified for a bad one.

When are they going to make the womens goals the right size? Watching the Eng/Chn game and it was embarrassing watching a tiny woman get nowhere near even half decent shots on goal.

When are they going to make the womens goals the right size? Watching the Eng/Chn game and it was embarrassing watching a tiny woman get nowhere near even half decent shots on goal.
I read someone counter this by saying women goalkeepers today are taller than the average man was back when the football league became professional so why didn't they have smaller goals back then. From the goals I have seen the keepers generally do look the weakest link. While they are probably right I about the height thing, I feel there is a little more at play than just the size holding them back. A lot of the time they don't seem to know where they are or the goals are.

I read someone counter this by saying women goalkeepers today are taller than the average man was back when the football league became professional so why didn't they have smaller goals back then. From the goals I have seen the keepers generally do look the weakest link. While they are probably right I about the height thing, I feel there is a little more at play than just the size holding them back. A lot of the time they don't seem to know where they are or the goals are.

They simply aren't very agile or athletic a lot of the time as well. They are also playing with modern, lightweight footballs, perfect pitches etc as opposed to a bowling ball on a local meadow. I'm not sure how much I believe that about womens keepers being taller than mens when football went professional.

That’s a really nice goal from SA, 3 for Italy has had a real stinker.

Does make me laugh how the commentators look for excuses for abysmal play mind. Free kick in the first half goes out for a throw in and according to Pearce it’s “the wind”. No mate, complete shank.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom