FIFA World Cup 2014 - GROUP D [Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy - 14/19/20/24 June] **spoilers**

Caporegime
Hodgsons after match interview is an utter joke .... Jones saying 'we owed it to the fans' ... what, to pickup a single point against the supposed whipping boys?

Yeah, i'm sure the fans are delighted to be repaid with that performance. Deluded.

Caporegime
whipping boys?

we drew against the beat team in the group

Tongue in cheek, before the tournament Costa Rica were widely regarded as the whipping boys.

Regardless, Hodgson is talking like he's happy with the performance. If that's what we can expect in the future, it'll be a long 2 years until the clown ***** off.

Soldato
You're kidding, right? It didn't affect the game at all, why should it affect Uruguay's world cup? He won't play for the rest of the tournament (at the very least), that's punishment enough.

It obviously affected the game: Italy were already down to to 10 men, evening things up would have made a difference. The Italian defence not having to mark Uruguay's star player in a corner would have made a difference.

As much as punishment is meant to punish, it should also offer some sort of compensation for the recipient team and disincentive players for behaving like that. Punish the whole team and you will see things like that dry up overnight.

Soldato
It obviously affected the game: Italy were already down to to 10 men, evening things up would have made a difference. The Italian defence not having to mark Uruguay's star player in a corner would have made a difference.

So you're suggesting that refereeing mistakes should be evened up by disqualifying the team which benefits?

Soldato
So you're suggesting that refereeing mistakes should be evened up by disqualifying the team which benefits?

No. How did you get to that?

I am saying that when a player does something really horrific, punish that player's team as punishment, a future disincentive and as a remedy for the recipient team.

Soldato
Not at all there was a whole thread of you defending him :D

I'm 36, you've missed the boat on that one son but whatever floats your boat :)

Of course i was defending him, still will. He didn't get long enough, simple as that. There needs to a few humbling years for you United supporters, your not gonna be top 4 unless you sign some players, it was always going to be a few years of unpredictability when Fergie left.

36? Doesn't matter, you don't need to run much, just do some general skillzzz bra...can tell a lot from that..

Out of interest, have you played competitive 11 a side football?

Soldato
No. How did you get to that?

I am saying that when a player does something really horrific, punish that player's team as punishment, a future disincentive and as a remedy for the recipient team.

I got to that from this, which seemed to be your argument:

1. Suarez committed a red card offence
2. The referee failed to send him off
3. Had the referee sent him off, the Italian defence would not have had to mark Uruguay's star player at a corner (your words)
4. Suarez not being sent off therefore led to the goal
5. Therefore Uruguay should be punished

To me, it looks like you're arguing that Suarez not being sent off meant that Uruguay won or had a significantly better chance of winning, and therefore that they should be disqualified. Suarez was not sent off because of the ref's failings.

Back
Top Bottom