FIFA World Cup 2014 - GROUP D [Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy - 14/19/20/24 June] **spoilers**

Permabanned
No, care to point me to it? All I see is the usual english media over-reaction.

Are you aware of Facebook and Twitter.

There are lots of people not connected with the English press that are calling for a ban. Unless Twitter is only utilised by the press?

Of course i was defending him, still will. He didn't get long enough, simple as that. There needs to a few humbling years for you United supporters, your not gonna be top 4 unless you sign some players, it was always going to be a few years of unpredictability when Fergie left.

36? Doesn't matter, you don't need to run much, just do some general skillzzz bra...can tell a lot from that..

Out of interest, have you played competitive 11 a side football?

You say that like I've supported them for 10 years.

I played 11 a side and 5 a side up until I was about 26, what's your point?

Soldato
I got to that from this, which seemed to be your argument:

1. Suarez committed a red card offence
2. The referee failed to send him off
3. Had the referee sent him off, the Italian defence would not have had to mark Uruguay's star player at a corner (your words)
4. Suarez not being sent off therefore led to the goal
5. Therefore Uruguay should be punished

To me, it looks like you're arguing that Suarez not being sent off meant that Uruguay won or had a significantly better chance of winning, and therefore that they should be disqualified. Suarez was not sent off because of the ref's failings.

My comments were in response to a previous question about what the punishment should be.

When you look at what the real damage of the bite was, it was that Italy were knocked out of the World Cup to a goal they conceded arose after Suarez had bitten Chielini.

You can make all sorts of hypotheticals about how much effect that had on the game/was Chiellini rattles afterwards, but broadly, not having to mark Suarez when you are down to 10 men is material factor.

You're right, that could have been dealt with, to a large degree, by the referee spotting and punishing the infringement but that didn't happen. Rather than blaming the ref for not spotting something that should not have ever happened on the pitch, I advocate a punishment that acts as a restitution and future disincentive. Also, whether a ref punishes a player or not is not really the end answer i.e. the Uruguay vs Ghana match where I think Uruguay should have been DQ'ed retrospectively regardless of penalty & red card because it was so overwhelmingly unsportsmanlike.

If players are aware that if they do something particularly shady they might get their team knocked out, I expect you would see a marked improvement in behavior on the pitch. Whether a ref spots the incident is kind of irrelevant but you asked how the fct that it was missed affected the match.

Last edited:
Soldato
You say that like I've supported them for 10 years.

I played 11 a side and 5 a side up until I was about 26, what's your point?

You haven't played football for 10 years? Can you not play any more or something?

There's no point to it, just useful to know people's background, you come across a typical arm chair know it all that's played the occasional game here and there from the age of 16 :)

Permabanned
You haven't played football for 10 years? Can you not play any more or something?

There's no point to it, just useful to know people's background, you come across a typical arm chair know it all that's played the occasional game here and there from the age of 16 :)

It's called becoming an adult and having other priorities.

You got all that from text on a screen? Why don't you furnish us with details of your amazing football career Trusty, you know seeing as you know so much:D

You also don't have to have played football to know about football, do you realise that Jose mourinho has never played professional football, does that mean he doesn't know what he's talking about, or is that just you?

I can show you my tattoos if you like?

Associate
Someone needs to feed suarez at half time, its obvious he needs more protein to get through the full 90 minutes. Having these snacks whilst playing must give him terrible stitch.

Soldato
It's called becoming an adult and having other priorities.

You got all that from text on a screen? Why don't you furnish us with details of your amazing football career Trusty, you know seeing as you know so much:D

You also don't have to have played football to know about football, do you realise that Jose mourinho has never played professional football, does that mean he doesn't know what he's talking about, or is that just you?

I can show you my tattoos if you like?

Hahaha..not telling you who i play for and what not. I'm not an idiot. I don't claim to know everything, remember i was defending Moyes, the awesome job he did at Everton was apparently not even factor in your view. Your the arm chair know it all slating your own players week in, week out. Pathetic really. Mourinho lives and breathes football, you dont, you just admitted that. He's an exception. If you come out with sly little remarks at me about the 'cracking job Moyes did', i'll defend myself. You started it bro...:o

Associate
Suarez's definition of a hat-trick. :p

Bq6hJsTIYAAwhG1.jpg

Missed the Left Shoulder, Right Shoulder, Arm. Classic Bite hat trick

Permabanned
I don't care who you play for it makes not a jot of difference to you talking rubbish.

I don't slate any of our players week in week out, you must have me confused with someone else.

I think you should go to bed before you make even more of an idiot of yourself.

Night :)

Soldato
I think it's perfectly fair to compare the bite to Cantona karate kick. Regardless if the victim is a fan or a player, they are still a victim of assault. He should be handled accordingly. Just because it's on a pitch doesn't make it any different. If troops in Afghanistan can go to court for clobbering Iraqis then Suarez can go to court for assaulting an innocent victim totally unprovoked.

Associate
Some of you are forgetting (or ignoring) this is not the first time he's done it. he needs a big ban and not just from country.

He's not got mental issues he's just a big baby who throws his dummy out the pram and bites.

Back
Top Bottom