***FIFA11 PS3 10v10 Club***

Pick up FIFA 11 now while its cheap - worst thing happens you can return it. Better than forking out more money by waiting a couple of days.

ps3ud0 :cool:

I'll be getting it using a gift card at a place which will get cheaper before it gets dearer. Don't think I can mention the name but it's not hard to guess.

Really? :(

You guys been playing today? How did it go?

I should have my PS3 back by Sunday. If it works, as soon as it hits my hands I'll shoot into town to pick this up.

It didn't go very well, we only played 3 or 4 games against human opponents and if I remember rightly we didn't win a single match. I lost count of the amount of games we played against the CPU and again, we didn't win a single match. The CPU practice game puts you against the World 11 on Legendary difficulty, and when there's only 3 of you playing it makes it almost impossible to get any kind of passing rhythm going, due to our team having a bunch of decrepit monkeys and their team having the likes of Rooney, Villa, Milito, Ronaldo etc. There is no way to change the team you play against, which is a bit short sighted in my opinion, but there you go, can't have it all.

The game is much more difficult than Fifa 10, I can't say I don't enjoy it, because I do, but I don't think it has that pick up and playability of 10, it feels much more sluggish and in a similar vein to PES it's very difficult to take the ball past other players, even when you're a quick player such as Messi or Arshavin. It feels slightly different to the demo, the passing is less difficult than in the demo but it's still frustratingly difficult. I remain aware that this is a problem with me and not with the game, I think this is one that will take hours and hours of practice to even get up to a competitive standard and this year it looks like everyone will have to be playing at their very best for us to even be able to compete with other teams. The games we've played so far have been a bit dull to say the least, just constant midfield battles with the ball bobbling about all over the place, rebounding off players, it seems a bit flat and lifeless at times but that's mainly just due to none of us having had much practice yet. It's really difficult to play flowing football because of the way we are all used to playing Fifa 10, with the skills, and the right analogue stick, and the running up the wing knowing you will easily outpace or outmuscle the generics.

I think that when our VP's have levelled up a bit it will help, I'm currently only 72 OVR, all my stats are poor and it shows, the same with all of us really, we all have such crap stats that we can't even compete phyiscially with the generic players on the opposite team, the games have been very low scoring and we have been going through matches only managing 2 or 3 shots on target per game. When I played the demo and found it difficult I just assumed that it would be like years gone by where you simply adjust within an hour or two of play and then you score for fun, you thread passes with ease etc but this just hasn't happened for me so far. I've had a few good games against Bap, unfortunately the ****ing thing froze up on us so we just left. That's another issue, this game seems badly in need of a patch, we were plagued with freezing problems earlier and it seems that the Xbox 360 players have also experienced those issues. I think I've focused mostly on the negative things in this post and that's probably because I unrealistically expected this game to be perfection when it falls wide of the mark for me. I've obviously only had 6 or 7 hours of play but I think that is enough to establish some sort of an opinion.

I'll be steering clear of clubs for a few days so that I can get a better understanding of how the game plays and also it gives me an opportunity to level my VP up somewhat, I think that will help although only time will tell how much. It certainly made a difference being in control of highly rated players when I was playing against Bap. By the way Birmingham are an absolute godly team in this game, Cameron Jerome and Zigic are just beasts! :D

tl; dr :p

Sorry I was so **** - just feels like you have no margin for error in 11, and because the gameplay is so different re-learning all that and dealing with a crap VP just hasnt been fun. The whole rebound thing I was talking about is just irritating especially coupled with how affected your player is when challenged for the ball...

I know it will get better, but I definitely think we need to change our style - playing 'FIFA 10 like' just doesnt seem to work - its very hard to run past players and unnecessary skills from underdeveloped VPs just break any momentum or ability to string a passing move together. Also we need to try and reduce pulling the CPU players away from formations or expect amazing passes from them - I saw a few too many times the ball been lost because the requested pass just wasnt on...

Most definitely for all the trialists Id definitely say work HARD on your VPs - they will need an awful lot of work not to make you appear to be crap when you arent...

EDIT: Get on Steam you tart...

Last edited:
I meant C64 :confused:

12254a885fadccc3b.gif

I'll be steering clear of clubs for a few days so that I can get a better understanding of how the game plays and also it gives me an opportunity to level my VP up somewhat, I think that will help although only time will tell how much.
Im the same - though I think we need to work together regards helping each other level up as I think its gonna be a lot of hassle - Ive already done 100 accomplishments but Im only 1/4 way through and looking at my VP it still feels as crap as when I got the game.

My best tip so far is to play Exhibition on World Class against an inferior team with your VP in different positions each time to maximise what accomps you get. Probably best to make it 10minutes to maximise chances when you have to do things multiple times in the same game (like 4 assists in one game).

Ive not really found Career/BAP that helpful - more a distraction from VP levelling and I guess till Im happy with my VP I wont spend enough time getting into grips with the game.

In all honesty though I think Im more a Playmaker CAM this year than last - just much more comfortable with the range of passes you can use - Im not great at running past people and I score goals like the next joe - nothing particular special...

To be fair the Career mode is **** on a stick. I was playing through it earlier and thinking "is this it?!".

EDIT:

As Skippi has agreed that the Cameroon kit looks like **** and we're only using it because it was his choice last time, then what if we start putting our kit choices down to be changed fortnightly?

Last edited:
KIT SELECTION

Kits will be changed every two weeks. Nominated kits will be used in a random order.

Choose TWO kits.

Nominations
Code:
skippi90 - Bayern Munich
skippi90 - Nimes Olympique
K1LLSW1TCH - Hercules CF
K1LLSW1TCH - VfL Wolfsburg
Jonny_no2 - Vasco de Gama
Jonny_no2 - Grêmio
ps3ud0 - Portugal

Kit Images:

Bayern Munich

bayernhome20102011forwe.jpg
bayeraway.jpg

Nimes Olympique

93a5f502a5.png
32f6da75b3.png
8f218b5948.png

Hercules CF

herculess.jpg

VfL Wolfsburg

wolfsburg.jpg

Grêmio
34qjw2d.jpg
2v3oc38.jpg

Vasco de Gama
bhja52.jpg
rwt08l.jpg

Portugal
nikeportugalhomejersey1.jpg
nikeportugalawayjersey1.jpg

Last edited:
Ill collate/randomise as normal then :p - I guess we will have say 9months before we get bored so should have enough time...

Ill think about it my choices - gonna be hard...

Last edited:
Were we not FC Jurassic Park? :D

Just looking up my choices now :) Are the Brazilian Serie A teams in the game? I can't remember

Edit: I think they are, therefore my choices are Grêmio
34qjw2d.jpg
2v3oc38.jpg

and Vasco de Gama
bhja52.jpg
rwt08l.jpg

Last edited:
I've found that crosses seem to be easier to deliver than I remember in 10. So far after 12 games on the wing in career I have had 10 assists from crosses and the CPU just heads them in for fun.

That could just be due to how long it has been since I played 10 though.

so, right - i have my player. and ive leveled him up a bit in training and online matches.

unfotunately i got booked twice in a few matches and the computer doesnt seem to rate my performances at all, despite my over 80% pass rate on 10 + passes and 5 tackles. giving me an average of 5.7 or something, which i personally think was a bit low.

but anyway id like to try and get into the ocuk team if possible. im pretty decent, except when i get stuck at left back:/!

Wahoo Vasco de Gama!!! Good choice

One of mines definitely gonna be Portugal - not sure of the other...
I've found that crosses seem to be easier to deliver than I remember in 10. So far after 12 games on the wing in career I have had 10 assists from crosses and the CPU just heads them in for fun.

That could just be due to how long it has been since I played 10 though.
I said pretty much the same thing last night on Clubs - crossing has the same whip as 10, but the whole getting onto the end of it seems far easier - but, I think that might be more the CPU moving the CPU ST in the right place to accept the cross - in Club its usually a human so both need to be on the same wavelength.

I am finding one tap crosses far more potent - though Ive always preferred 2 tap crosses to the near post (less chance GK will intercept)

Last edited:
so, right - i have my player. and ive leveled him up a bit in training and online matches.

unfotunately i got booked twice in a few matches and the computer doesnt seem to rate my performances at all, despite my over 80% pass rate on 10 + passes and 5 tackles. giving me an average of 5.7 or something, which i personally think was a bit low.

but anyway id like to try and get into the ocuk team if possible. im pretty decent, except when i get stuck at left back:/!
You got rated 5.7 in what? Im finding it hard to be under 8 in Career mode and only in Club have I got so low (you start off at 6). The CPU does mark harshly but its usually for obvious things...

Whats your VPs stats and position in those games? (left hand side of the accomp book). What your accomp percentage?

Back
Top Bottom