***FIFA11 PS3 10v10 Club***

tough games tonite!

What i dont get is how as soon as i get ball i get tackled straight away so i lose it... how???? so annoyed at that. Any tips are welcome! Thought my passing/heading was decent enough put ppl into clear goalscoring chances.

That last game the other team was just too tough and thought there was too much distance between midfield and attack i could tell that was getting annoying for our strikers not getting the ball. Would prefer if folk played closer together instead of stretched out especially against a good team.

Sorry about MAG this evening guys. I was just finishing my final game of PES when the game froze for a few minutes, then it chucked me off the PSN and I couldn't sign back in so I just called it a night. We'll definitely play soon though, quite enjoyed the smaller game modes, the team deathmatch and the one where there's two vehicles on the map, those were fun. :)

yeah though only in one game it was really bad for me, dont like using it as an excuse as i think its used too much by folk to excuse poor play.

Though it certainly doesnt inspire confidence hearing your team8s say "bet HTK loses it" as SOON as i get the ball. Just a tiny bit distracting! Less backbiting comments would be good ehh poly?

well re the lag i left midway through the session it was so bad, even in the Pro online game si was playing it was either so bad, or would sign me out that i just went to exhibition

lol i couldnt even hear any talk though ppls mic when they chat it sounds like mass static and helicopter blades churning my speakers apart?! and i have no idea how to stop this its pretty offputting.

probably easier to get a pc and teamspeak running than use PS3 comms!:/

yeah though only in one game it was really bad for me, dont like using it as an excuse as i think its used too much by folk to excuse poor play.

Though it certainly doesnt inspire confidence hearing your team8s say "bet HTK loses it" as SOON as i get the ball. Just a tiny bit distracting! Less backbiting comments would be good ehh poly?

Wasn't personal HTK, was said about me too and I was speaking to him on comms.

Was a comment about how Club plays this time around and how little time we have to do anything with the ball.

I am still struggling with Free Kicks. Even when I get then over the wall and on target the keeper always saves them.

Any tips? As my bend/drop isnt too great.

Am i doing them wrong? I press the L2 button and push the left stick forward?

nice. i noticed that we dont tend to use ANY long range passes...

to an extent its like ppl are afraid to take a risk for fear of losing the ball and being berated for it.

but then we dont play with a specific strategy in mind either. its not a pre determined 'lets get it down the left wing and cross it in' like the good players did to us. because of this we have no direction and just try for random things each time. and every new time on the ball is like a new day and a new plan. this means you have to think quite a lot when you get the ball, wheras if you had a game plan you know you need to do X next and it focuses you...

The reason why we dont is that out of all the long range passes yesterday only one got to its target - thats out of maybe 10 attempts. They are hopefully balls at best and all I saw as a ST when I had either yourself or HTK in mid - just too difficult in 11 to amke something happen out of nothing...

Sorry but the odds on losing the ball and defending repeated breaks are far more likely by just conceding possession in that manner...

The strategy is simple, play and look for the simple pass which is far more useful than covering the same side or same move. Though if you have an idea in mind lets try it out? Might unlock something...

EDIT: Once you are comfortable with your VP (not necessarily looking to off load ball straight away) it gets easier - throughballs are always too heavy until youve got a load of pass accomps...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:

Have to admit HTK you werent great all night (when havent you heard me say it as it is) - you conceded possession a lot and it was normally because you kept asking for it in positions where you obviously didnt have the time to accept and do something with it. I did say right after the 2nd game - less x play and it didnt improve and that was way before frustration sat in. I dont understand why so many people need to ask for the ball as I see the play its rare that more than 2 people are actually in a useful position - also asking for it and running off doesnt help as 9/10 the defence will end up passing to where you were...

Also Im confused last night you told me I was playing too deep as ST (only did it to get the ball - but agree it doesnt help being too near midfield) so I then kept up near the defensive line and then you commented there was too much space between STs and MF?!? Not sure where else to place myself - any tips?

Deffo need to cut out the long balls - they just dont lead to anything IME of Club and thinking about the goals weve scored...

Last edited:
EDIT: Once you are comfortable with your VP (not necessarily looking to off load ball straight away) it gets easier - throughballs are always too heavy until youve got a load of pass accomps...

yea i mean to be fair im not tyring to do anything too fancy and im always looking for the pass but sometimes i might be offloading it too quickly to people who are not expecting it at that particular moment.

and when there are strikers running in front of you i often get caught inbixtween 'should i do a normal pass and get it to them but potentially hinder their run by hitting it at them' or 'should i through ball it to try and play it into their path to maintain their run'

also i think my best position is more of a central midfield as opposed to winger or something.

even as a winger when we were losing i was making lots of tackles and interceptions to the extent that on the replays of the goals you could see bobchenko sneak into the shot and almost stop them but not quite

Between me and Kill when weve been in MF, we seemed to have found that if you take the ST places and CMs and alternative which CM goes up for attack, so theres one to cover that it slows down a lot of attacks. You still get attacks but they usually get smothered by the CPU Defence. The CPU Wingers do end up just being players to 1-2 off though so thats the main downfall - I dont think Ive ever seen the CPU cross in Club or be near enough to do something like that...

Its the ones that are quick and fast that the CPU just cant deal with and normally even an ANY cant...

The only out and out Wingers Ive seen are probably Baplad, Jojo and Bailey - they seem to enjoy that position - its not something I love doing either as when your being attacked you dont know if you should stay forward to be a target for a break or run back and defend...

Last edited:
I like playing as a winger. I score the majority of my goals through crosses, even against the online players. Crossing is so much better on Fifa 11 than previous versions.

no, when i was in CM i was using the CPU RM quite a lot as he was open a lot. but also he can make quite accurate passes when called to do so by the strikers so i was pulling the ball into CM, dropping it out right, and then you guys would call the ball from there with usually good accuracy on the pass.

CPU wingers never going to take ppl on but can make a semi/reliable pass up to the front and provide that outlet. i must have done that 4-5 times in 1 match last night.

Back
Top Bottom