***FIFA11 PS3 10v10 Club***

Have to admit HTK you werent great all night (when havent you heard me say it as it is) -

dont agree with that. One game i had a nightmare hell yeah i agree there, the other games i was average though one of the games i thought i was fine think it was 3-0 to us i was playing RCM which i thought meant going forward but i ended up having to backtrack loads, play more defensive because no-one else was - this messed up my rating ofc but nm....but looks like i'll have to start recording games. Planned on doing this anyway.

you conceded possession a lot and it was normally because you kept asking for it in positions where you obviously didnt have the time to accept and do something with it. I did say right after the 2nd game - less x play and it didnt improve and that was way before frustration sat in.

I remember that i thought it was weird coz i wasnt asking for the ball that much. People seem to pass to me when an opposing player is right on top of me and never when i want it ahhh nm.

You were playing striker but overlapping coming too deep i thought as sometimes we both ended up going for the same ball.

Also Im confused last night you told me I was playing too deep as ST (only did it to get the ball - but agree it doesnt help being too near midfield) so I then kept up near the defensive line and then you commented there was too much space between STs and MF?!? Not sure where else to place myself - any tips?

Yes, both cases applied. You were playing too deep because you were going for the same balls i was going for on the wing and coming into our half. This was in the game where we won 3-0 remember.

In the game which we lost 2-0 (last game) imo strikers (not just u) were too far away as it was a tough game...Seemed like you were relying on a brilliant long ball? Basically in tough games i think we should play more tight and do more shorter passes. In one or two of the games we did do this and i thought we played pretty good but you didnt like it? And considering i think we only lost 1 game all night dont think we did that bad.

Last edited:
Wasn't personal HTK, was said about me too and I was speaking to him on comms.

Was a comment about how Club plays this time around and how little time we have to do anything with the ball.

It doesnt bother me *afterwards* :D Saying something before i have the chance its a vicious circle really...basic psychology expect someone to fail and they will and the instances where they dont will be "freak" occurrences lol.cant really win! Also im more likely to balls it up if i dont get passed to. Because i wont have had a touch on the ball so i end up not being ready...basically i get caught off guard coz i get passed to when i dont expect it and dont get passed to when i do "half-expect" it.

I did create a couple of chances of clear open goals, both missed. I didnt complain about them. I didnt complain about people doing skills moves (not skilled dribbling) and failing nearly every game. Like ive said before i dont really mind not getting passed to when im in clear space or have made a run in the box because i know im not the better player to pass to. Would be nice occasionally as what do you think im going to do with the ball run around 4 players? No....short pass to me, you run forward into space and i pass to you...simple 1-2s. didnt see enough of that. Though i thought our passing in one of the earlier games was really good.

I did pass to the CPU instead (ie pass it around the pitch instead of straight for goal) of going directly to one of the human players but Poly disagrees with that, i think.

Last edited:
i was playing RCM which i thought meant going forward but i ended up having to backtrack loads

i dont know surfer in the brief games i played one where i was RM i felt that you encroached quite a lot on to my wing when i could have covered that area and that defensively i had to run forward and track back a heck of a lot. i ended up doing almost a centerback job at times (or at least covering that position) - which was unfortunate as id just set myself as a winger in player set up so set for dribbling and crossing not tackles.

in that game i got rating 7.5 which was top of our team ratings i think because of the number of tackles i had put in, rather than for attacking play but i was almost forced into.

to me RCM is basically a center midfield, yes you can go box to box but its central not wide and its more center of the pitch than attacking.

You may have a point but i would usually only make forays into other positions if im

a) making a run because i see space (ie no one else has taken advantage of it)

b) covering defensively

c) offering support to another player (ie so they can get a pass out instead of them trying a skill to get past the defender)

i'll see if i can record next game as obviously i dont want to be messing things up.

Last edited:
Think people just need to start using Comms - least people would know what others are doing - think thats half the problem, either because space is left for the opposition to take advantage of, or hopeful passes are done without the person being passed to having any idea...

I dont know how people think a pass thats not on the ground and to feet can be easily guessed and correctly accepted without having prior knowledge of the idea. Some of that comes with time learning how people play but Comms can make that so much easier...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
ps3ud0 what can i do about the voice comms thing i have where whens someone transmits it sounds like i have 10x blackhawks coming out of my TV?! its ******* annoying me now.

and who uses R1 pass to ensure accuracy/1

also what the hell was up with our defenders getting sent off and giving penalties away?! AI ftl:/

Last edited:
Ive had that myself - its literally like feedback right? Are you using the Comms trick Baplad mentioned?

Not sure what else to advise - could be something local your end? Without comms can you hear people chatting or is it the same feedback? I got the same feedback with/out comms so it was more an issue on someone elses comms and not mine.

If you only get the feedback when you are on comms then I suggest it your headset? You wouldnt have a cheap BT headset or something to test it? Does it happen in other games or work 100% fine?

Id blame FIFA before Id blame anything local to you but you can test anything your end at least...

well good news and bad news.

bad news seems that my official headset that ive hardly used is dead. doesnt power up or anything.

Good news is got camera working and found the usb cable for it so i'll definitely be recording some fifa games :D Upload to youtube? or other video site?

hrmm youtube has max limit of 100mb. in 640x480 videos are 900mb for 5 minutes! :eek: If i reduce it to 220x440 its only 300 mb but quality is rubbish.... oh well i'll record it just for me to check how to improve and where mistakes are made.

Last edited:
Good games though i think i only played 3. last game was too laggy so i quit otherwise i dont help team!

Highs: my flukey cross goal :D
Lows: point blank header miss :(

my internet seems busted so i didnt bother trying to play last night. my virgin 10mb line has been iffy last week or so. speedtest tells me im down to 0.4Mbits down and 0.17mbits upload? and as a consequence EA keeps signing me out mid game ....

on the other hand managed the finesse goal from outside the box and a few other accomplishments nearly chipped the keeper from otuside the box, it went over him dropped and dribbled about 1cm wide of the post i thought it was a certain goal too. wrong footed as weell...;/ but the finesse shot trait has now been added to my character.

Mixed night for me.

On one hand, I could do very little with the ball in the build up of chances apart from a few where the keeper pulled off wonder saves. :p

And on the other, I scored a fair few from you lot making chance after chance for me.

Here's two I saved from the last game.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/42612906

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/42612835

At least now from Beenom and Jonny's VP I can see the difference that a bit of OVR training can do to what you're able to do on the field. Like Beenom is able to play accurate chipped through balls, whereas when I try them, they'll roll a fair distance as soon as they hit the ground, and usually run away from the target.

Last edited:
I am having trouble with the achievements. I can't work out how to get the saved penalties in Areana/Practice with my Pro.

I select my Pro and put him as a GK.
I go through to the Areana and select PK.
Make sure that GK is selected as Pro.

But when I start Ronaldo is the goalie???

Any advice as this is the only achievement left for the Areana.

Finally got the hang of Free Kicks. Scored some nice dipping and curled shots now.

LOL HTK :D

I'm on. Been training my VP up for most of the day. Seem to have got more of the shooting accomplishments than anything else. Difficult to get the crossing ones with the runs the CPU makes.

I am having trouble with the achievements. I can't work out how to get the saved penalties in Areana/Practice with my Pro.

I select my Pro and put him as a GK.
I go through to the Areana and select PK.
Make sure that GK is selected as Pro.

But when I start Ronaldo is the goalie???

Any advice as this is the only achievement left for the Areana.

Finally got the hang of Free Kicks. Scored some nice dipping and curled shots now.
Press Select and choose sides so you are defending - simples ;)

club tonight? you might make it onto SurferTV :D

oh does youtube have an overall size limit for videos uploaded? (i know individual vids its 2 gigs)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom