***FIFA11 PS3 10v10 Club***

good games last night. i get the feeling im like the comedy element of the squad, i can literally feel everyone laughing when i get the ball.

but i think i threw some decent crosses in, my passing started badly but i think it got better as we went on.

if it was like NHL and there was 2 assists on a goal id probably do quite well, as i tend to pick the ball up from def and play a pass but then the assist is made off that person:/ ah well..

good games last night. i get the feeling im like the comedy element of the squad, i can literally feel everyone laughing when i get the ball.

but i think i threw some decent crosses in, my passing started badly but i think it got better as we went on.

if it was like NHL and there was 2 assists on a goal id probably do quite well, as i tend to pick the ball up from def and play a pass but then the assist is made off that person:/ ah well..

:D If you thought you played badly you should have seen us three after you left. I think we lost every game apart from 2, and we played about 6. I still have no idea on how I want to set my player up, I'm thinking strength is better than speed this year but it's still nice to have the speed option there, tough decision. For some reason my VP passes more accurately when I'm over 6' as well. Yesterday I played the whole time with him set at 5'8 and he was pretty dire all evening apart from grabbing a couple of goals and an assist or two, my general play was quite dire, maybe I'm rusty, or maybe I'm just total ****. :o

So who's playing tonight then?

yea i was on the verge of concentration breakdown by that point anyway, one more game would have been even worse. you get to a point with fifa where u just arent as sharp any more and instead of running in to win the ball, you end up missing by about 10ft and doing lots of circling instead:/

i still think that one issue is people not calling for the ball enough in midfield or up front when the defence has it, and im loath to see the cpu run straight into an oncoming tackle so ill end up calling for it just to give them a way out, but then im less than optimal on the ball so: that doesnt always work out great to.

sometimes if your up front and call for a long ball from cpu it can work out pretty well.

:D If you thought you played badly you should have seen us three after you left. I think we lost every game apart from 2, and we played about 6. I still have no idea on how I want to set my player up, I'm thinking strength is better than speed this year but it's still nice to have the speed option there, tough decision. For some reason my VP passes more accurately when I'm over 6' as well. Yesterday I played the whole time with him set at 5'8 and he was pretty dire all evening apart from grabbing a couple of goals and an assist or two, my general play was quite dire, maybe I'm rusty, or maybe I'm just total ****. :o

So who's playing tonight then?

Speak for yourself. I was awesome.

yeah might be on after the footy. Havent been on last couple of nights as ive been unwell. Headache and feeling nausea (and no its not at the thought of playing club :D :p) and also thought my left hand could do with a rest.... (dont go there :p)

so...some good some bad yesterday

quick question re passing.

How much power are you using on a pass?

For instance i usually fail with Mid/Long range ground passes. this for me is the biggest and most obviously frustrating part of my game. sometimes after i have failed i feel like smashing my pad and quiting the game. On PES there WAS (there might be now) no power guage on a pass, sure if u held it down for a couple of secs it would do a harder pass but passing was literally tap tap tap.

so on a med/longer low pass what power should i be using? 50%? 75%? 100% of the power bar?

and if im slaloming 2 players and i need to pass the ball quickly as soon as im through them, do i begin to press the powerbutton whilst still slaloming to release as soon as im past them or what?

Tap for a very short pass, hold slightly (0.5 second) for medium and a bit longer for a long range pass. There's probably tutorials on YouTube etc, if you're having trouble just go into the game options and turn assistance on. :)

hm... im going to have to lose some bulk and some height to maybe gain some agility etc....

also kill in 1 game last night i think you went a bit overboard with the skills, and while its great that you can do them, chances are if we are winning and u start doing that all over the pitch, they might just drop on us or something.

theres rubbing something in their face and then theres rubbing salt into their eyes i think you were much closer to the latter

Back
Top Bottom