Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade - Now on Steam & Epic Games

Associate
Which resolution are you using? If you can't maintain 120 FPS then the game will dynamically lower the resolution without telling you (sometimes severely), that's the main issue with the port. However, I think the port has been improved significantly since release as I can maintain 90FPS at 4K (except for some cutscenes) with an RTX 3080 FE without any problems. Yes there is some stutter in towns, but I've seen much worse from other games.

Aside from this it looks amazingly good; I have been very impressed with the story, gameplay and graphics and rather envious of PlayStation owners (I bought the game on Epic quite recently).

I loved the PC version of FF7 as a young teenager (although I suspect my rather faint memories of it are tinged by rose-tinted glasses), but this remake is bold and interesting; it oozes quality.

Edit: the above may have changed as the patch notes say 'the resolution has been stabilised for framerates above 90', whatever that means.
Same i loved the Original FF7 on the PC, I had the Boxed version and sold it for £90 few years ago. How much Storage space does it take when its downloaded onto the Harddrive?

Soldato
Was waiting for this on Steam but i'm not sure what kind of hallucinogenic substances are being taken that would make anyone think that £70 RRP for a two year old PC game is even close to acceptable, especially as the port is pretty janky.

The voucher does very little to change my opinion on this, I guess i'm waiting for a proper price drop.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Was waiting for this on Steam but i'm not sure what kind of hallucinogenic substances are being taken that would make anyone think that £70 RRP for a two year old PC game is even close to acceptable, especially as the port is pretty janky.

The voucher does very little to change my opinion on this, I guess i'm waiting for a proper price drop.
Depends how much of a fan you are of FF7 I guess. But I agree. RRP is looney.

Soldato

The RRP is bonkers, absolutely.

Have you tried GMG? There's a thread on Steam with discount codes that you can use, they amount to -43% off with the current discount. In dollars it was just under 40$, a lot more palatable.

Can't at all blame you for wanting to wait but I reckon GMG is the best price we're going to get for a good while because the game will soon be back up to its ridiculous RRP.

On another note, I've read that the English translation is quite a bit off from what's actually being said in Japanese, 1:1 translations are obviously very rare and not really desired but I switched to English for a while and while it's not too drastic so far, there are indeed some things in the opening sequence that are left out and it changes the relationship between characters a bit.

For example, when Barrett delivers his crazy monologue about the planet screaming in agony, Cloud responds "星の未来より五秒の自分を心配するんだな。あなたの悲鳴なんて、ゾッとする" which roughly translates as "I'd worry less about the future of the planet and more about where you'll be in the next five seconds. Your screaming makes me shudder." It's not necessarily a direct threat considering what's happening on screen but Cloud is definitely more confrontational towards Barrett in Japanese, even responding to Barrett showing off with his gatling with the same "Don't disappoint me" Barrett had said when pointing out how expensive Cloud's services were. English renders that as "I should've asked for more money". In JP, Cloud clearly gets back at him for saying that.

Jessie also says different stuff like "Wait, we're the actual branch/HQ now, we had a bit of a falling out over directives" when unlocking a door, that's nowhere to be found in English.

Overall, minor stuff so far but gives a bit more background context and character to the cast.

Apparently, there are moments when the translation takes greater liberties, to the point of distortion of meaning. My hard playthrough will definitely be in English to see what I can find.

Soldato
I actually have a friend who recently upgraded from a PS4 to a PS5 who is willing to lend me her old console and copy of this game. I just... I paid a lot of money for my PC and I really want to use it!

I do have the patience to wait, I think. It was more having to pick my jaw up off the floor when I saw the price.

Soldato
I'm planning to get into it now, just wrapping up Elden Ring. I only tested it for around 30 mins to see how it runs but enjoyed it a lot.

Might mix it up with Persona 4 or Takes of Arise since I need as much Japanese exposure as possible now but it'll most likely be the only big game I'll be playing this year.

Soldato
Anyone else playing this? I completed the main game and on to the DLC with Yuffie :)

Only took me 2 months to complete it :p

I'm playing it off and on, enjoyable game.

Hope you played it with the ultrawide fix, boggles me that some developers still don't support it out of the box, particularly for a triple A game school as this.

Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Finished the DLC. Not bad. Not sure it is needed, but you do get to learn a lot more about Yuffie and her story. I enjoyed the fort condor mini game and was nice to see Ramuh.

Overall though I still prefer the original game. Something about the way this is done makes the materia system less enjoyable. I guess being split into three parts messes with the flow.

What I would have liked is for them to stick to the same turn based battle system, the battles would have been more epic. Just imagine the sequence for Ifrit, Shiva, Ramuh etc. Can’t complain, still enjoyed the game overall, but I will always go back and play the original.

Back
Top Bottom