Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Associate
I've wanted to play this for a long time, but from that point when I realised it was for me, it seemed to have aged quite badly. I look forward to finally getting to experience this. :)

Associate
This is awesome. FF7 sits with MGS as some of my favourite gaming memories. They both came out when I was still a teenager, and not yet jaded by games, and also with plenty of time on my hands to immerse myself in their worlds. These days I never finish games and I get bored by them.

I know there's no way to recapture that magic now that I'm 31 (probably 33 by the time this comes out), but at least I'll get a chance to relive some of those memories in a way.

Soldato
I've never played a FF game and despite my growing state of 'meh'-ness when it comes to remaster announcements, I think I need to give this a go, feel a bit like my gaming experience is missing something going by the FF7 hypegasm.

Soldato
I've never played a FF game and despite my growing state of 'meh'-ness when it comes to remaster announcements, I think I need to give this a go, feel a bit like my gaming experience is missing something going by the FF7 hypegasm.

There is a difference between remasters of last gen games like sleeping dogs and remasters of all time classics from the PS1 era.

Well in my opinion anyway.

Soldato
Not true it was released on pc in 1998 same time as the ps1 version (ok 6 months later but that was due to the porting time)

It was really developed with the PlayStation in mind however. Square were very much a Nintendo partner until the big N decided to continue with cartridges that could deliver Squares vision for FF7.

Caporegime
I wonder how they're going to handle the localisation. There's a guy who's redone it all for the existing game correcting grammar errors and such like. Already there's a furore over whether it should be Aeris or Aerith. :D

Soldato
Square Enix have an event at 11pm tonight, so I suspect things will become clearer then. I own this on the PS1, I've just never played it so hopefully this comes to the Xbox eventually.

Associate
They released an E3 teaser video a few days ago, and Frog's theme from Chrono Trigger was the background music. If they have some kind of CT remake then I'm going to lose my ****.

Back
Top Bottom