Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Soldato
Great news, but I'm guessing this will be a 2017 release? 20 years since the original (Jesus wept...20 years...)

Associate
Yep, SquareEnix dont have the money anymore to make big games like this exclusive to one platform. I be buying this on day one for the PS4 as I want a physical disc but it also get the PC version for those super high resolution textures.

This could be a start of an era, once FF7 is out the way then they can do 8 and 9 as the engine will already be there.

I hope they don't mess up the soundtrack. They did well with the remastered soundtrack of FF10 HD.

What? They're finances are healthy prior to 2011 and they wouldn't hold any exclusiveness of games as they have no reason to considering Sony and Square Enix are two separate companies again and they would alienate XBOX and PC gamers considering SE titles are mutliplatform since XBOX360.

Caporegime
Will buy which ever console this comes out on, regardless.

Would prefer a awesome PC port, but would still buy a PS4. Infact would just buy one now if they confirm it's PS4 only.

Associate
I am just so happy.

Also this was posted from somewhere, it's nice to see the same things across different stuff and how it's changed :)
(Obviously it's all CGI etc, but still)

SxOgj5K.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Final Fantasy 7 one of the best games me and my granddad has every played, cant tell you how many times we finished this. Im happy to know its actually being made, so they can take their time and get it perfect for all I care :)

Soldato
I was 7 years old when this was released and I pretty much grew up on the game. I didn't understand a lot of what was going on back then, but I absolutely adored the whole experience. I've pretty much played it consistently since, completing the game once a year. Funnily enough I've just finished my latest play through just last week, on the Steam version.

This news is nothing short of magical!

Associate
I wonder if they will stick to the older/original turn based combat with a modern twist, with materia slots etc or go with their newer hack and slash approach?

Soldato
I wonder if they will stick to the older/original turn based combat with a modern twist, with materia slots etc or go with their newer hack and slash approach?

If they change the battle system it's an insta-fail for me.

In fact if they change anything other than graphics and sound it's an insta-fail!

Man of Honour

In fact if they change anything other than graphics and sound it's an insta-fail!

This

Just don't touch any of it bar the visual and audio. In fact, I don't even want them to do any voice work, a part of me thinks that would ruin the charm of it

Soldato

Same, they absolutely have to keep the battle system the same. Hack n slash would be awful. The materia system also has to remain.

There were some interesting theories about dropped story lines (due to budget and time constraints). Part of me thinks it would be interesting if they explored these, part of me thinks the original was already perfect.

Associate
This

Just don't touch any of it bar the visual and audio. In fact, I don't even want them to do any voice work, a part of me thinks that would ruin the charm of it

They should have both but would love Jap voice Maaya Sakamoto is a brilliant voice actress and very talented - anime fans will know the name and she has voiced aerith previously.

Soldato
The e3 reaction was amazing I wish I was there. I would be going mental, then probably leave as it wouldn't really matter, whats gonna be better than that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom