Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Soldato
I will post my clips here, not as good as those guys doing it in 23secs but managed to get no damage on weiss the first time I beat him.

Note youtube has crappy encoding for 1080p so apologise for the not so good quality.

Weiss first time beating him. I abused synergy in this fight, synergy in intergrade is crazy good, free spells that consume no atb or mp.

Pride and joy yuffie, first time. I know I was over defensive.

Pride and joy all 5 fights on intergrade, I haveon my youtube this on PS4 as well (that video was a cleaner win), on ps4 the 5th fight is easier, but on intergade the first 3 are easier.

Last edited:
Soldato
Finished clocked at 40 hours. What a wonderful ride. Brilliant battle system the best yet I think. I hope they stick with it for future games. Started the DLC I love how different Yuffie is to play. Glad I waited for the upgrade super smooth on the PS5.

Soldato
Still trying to get past the final boss. The typical FF way, lets spam a bunch of bosses towards the end in a row.

Got to Sephiroth once and havent been back since as I was burnt out how long it took.

Started the DLC though, I like it so far.

Soldato
Still trying to get past the final boss. The typical FF way, lets spam a bunch of bosses towards the end in a row.

Got to Sephiroth once and havent been back since as I was burnt out how long it took.

Started the DLC though, I like it so far.

Took me two tries to get through those bosses (I had no idea what was coming and wasn't prepared for it) and then 2 tries on Sephiroth himself. Stick Cloud in Operator and spam him using abilities he staggers surprisingly easily that way. Chakra is really useful here as well for a quick heal. I only played through the game on normal without too much effort. A couple of the bosses take a bit to work out especially the ones that are unreadable.

Soldato
Took me two tries to get through those bosses (I had no idea what was coming and wasn't prepared for it) and then 2 tries on Sephiroth himself. Stick Cloud in Operator and spam him using abilities he staggers surprisingly easily that way. Chakra is really useful here as well for a quick heal. I only played through the game on normal without too much effort. A couple of the bosses take a bit to work out especially the ones that are unreadable.

Definitely worthwhile replaying on hard mode, it's like that's how the game was meant to be played. Didn't really need to understand any of the systems until hard mode, and it really lets the battle system shine.

Soldato
Definitely worthwhile replaying on hard mode, it's like that's how the game was meant to be played. Didn't really need to understand any of the systems until hard mode, and it really lets the battle system shine.
I am thinking about it. I'll keep it installed for a while, go do something else then come back to it I think.

Soldato
Thanks, are you not able to buy the revive earring sin the DLC then? I cannot remember.

Usually they are able to be purchased and are lost when its used. So I wonder if these are also a one time deal or if they are special and work like the special doll in star ocean 4.

Soldato
Thanks, are you not able to buy the revive earring sin the DLC then? I cannot remember.

Usually they are able to be purchased and are lost when its used. So I wonder if these are also a one time deal or if they are special and work like the special doll in star ocean 4.

Yeah the ones in game break after death, these one's don't and can be used over and over again.

Soldato
I own the physical disk and upgraded it to the PS5 version, however I also redeemed the PS Plus version in the summer when it was available.

Preferring a digital library and being uber lazy, with the news that from the 22nd Dec that the PS Plus version was getting the PS5 upgrade treatment (finally), I figured I'd download it and sell my disk version.

Not so quick, scoffs Sony/Square Enix, as apparently if you've ever downloaded the disk PS5 upgrade for the physical PS4 version, you're locked out of doing it for the PS Plus version, for... reasons?

Soldato
Some info I found for PC version.

DF said they found running in DX11 mode fixes the vast majority of stutters.
Others have reported DXVA mod helps.
Finally a friend of mine reported if you manually install Unreal Engine it fixes all stutters.

Also is a new free DLC for PS5 version on the store.

Soldato
I'd have enjoyed this game way more if I understand the combat. Thankfully easy mode exists.

Never played SO. I just recall years ago that 4 was getting a lot of negative press. I feel it's one of those series that people really enjoy but never review well.
I've just got the first one remaster jobby but a bit miffed I can't play the second one as it's psp only.

E]]

Last edited:
Soldato
I own the physical disk and upgraded it to the PS5 version, however I also redeemed the PS Plus version in the summer when it was available.

Preferring a digital library and being uber lazy, with the news that from the 22nd Dec that the PS Plus version was getting the PS5 upgrade treatment (finally), I figured I'd download it and sell my disk version.

Not so quick, scoffs Sony/Square Enix, as apparently if you've ever downloaded the disk PS5 upgrade for the physical PS4 version, you're locked out of doing it for the PS Plus version, for... reasons?

You have to delete the disc version, download the PS4 ps+ version then upgrade and download the PS5 version again. Gotta love Sonys stupid way of doing things….

Soldato
Make sure delete the PS4 version AND PS5 version off the console, as the disk version then upgrading installs both.

Then try download off PS+ then upgrading.

Does not work. Sony are blocking you from upgrading the PS+ version if you have at any point upgraded the PS4 version. Just Sony being Skumbags yet again.

Back
Top Bottom