Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Soldato
If I wanted to get this what would be the most cost effective way of getting it. I've only got a digital PS5? Is there some way of getting the PS4 version and updating that? or is it just easier to get the PS5 version? (I want to get the DLC as well).

Soldato
If I wanted to get this what would be the most cost effective way of getting it. I've only got a digital PS5? Is there some way of getting the PS4 version and updating that? or is it just easier to get the PS5 version? (I want to get the DLC as well).

Get the PS5 version, as it includes all the DLC. I think it works out the same price anyway if you go through the PS4 upgrade route.

Only works out cheaper if you got the retail disc.

Soldato
the end of ff7 remake confused me on my ps4, playing proper ff7 at the moment for a break from elden ring on my ps3/psp version of ff7 :)

ff7 is so dang good, im still confused why they made the battle system the way it is on the remake, think i read years ago they didnt want pretty character models just standing there, they could have done what chrono trigger did and had em run around while still been atb arrggghhhhh.

thats enough drunken stuff from me :p

Soldato
the end of ff7 remake confused me on my ps4, playing proper ff7 at the moment for a break from elden ring on my ps3/psp version of ff7 :)

ff7 is so dang good, im still confused why they made the battle system the way it is on the remake, think i read years ago they didnt want pretty character models just standing there, they could have done what chrono trigger did and had em run around while still been atb arrggghhhhh.

thats enough drunken stuff from me :p

The waiting time isnt that long, you can play OG FF7 on active mode and at full speed and trust me there is no standing there, its very fast paced.

Associate
Can anyone who loves the original and like me hated the boring battle system in ffxv where you literally just have to keep pressing/hold attack down, is ffvii remake the same? My fears when I saw videos seemed to be confirmed... Atb is completely gone?
No way I'm paying £60+ for a game I can't sell and am just gonna put down after a day

Permabanned
Yeah it's fun. Has more depth than classic. But it's not really similar at all.

The new story could be amazing but takes time to get going. But it has a lot of nostalgia

Soldato
Decided to go back and finish platinum on Yuffie DLC.

I've completed everything but pride & joy and Weiss. The rest has been pretty easy.

I have Bahamut down, Ramuh I get down sometimes but it is always way more luck than judgement, Pride & Joy I just run out of mana at about half health which just spells the end. I've spent hours and can't figure it out. :(

Soldato
Decided to go back and finish platinum on Yuffie DLC.

I've completed everything but pride & joy and Weiss. The rest has been pretty easy.

I have Bahamut down, Ramuh I get down sometimes but it is always way more luck than judgement, Pride & Joy I just run out of mana at about half health which just spells the end. I've spent hours and can't figure it out. :(
You thought the box buster on yuffie was "pretty easy"?

I still havent platinumed intergrade because of yuffie box buster, I honestly dont know what they were thinking on that minigame.

Two streamers I watched beat it live, one took 7 hours, the other 3 hours of retrying again and again to beat hard box buster. They both said its one of the hardest challenges they have ever come across in a game.

Where is all your MP going on the pride and joy challenge? use chakra and pray for healing unless desperate and only use curaga then or carbuncle. Yuffies ally will sacrifice himself if yuffie dies, so letting him do that and then using arise on him is more MP efficient than curaga, have some maxed out MP boosts on both characters.

Ramuh has a fairly predictable pattern of attacks and has a window where you can attack him reliably within the pattern, so try to be patient, dodge, until the window opens then spam her ranged wind elemental Ninjutsu attack during the window (use her magic weapon), it will take many of the cycles to finish him, his ultimate attack is survivable, pride and joy is easy but with one powerful beam attack, yuffie's brumal form makes her immune "and" charges atb when it blocks an attack, use it when he uses his beam, with high level HP plus the beam attack wont KO you anyway so pray or double chakra afterwards to get the HP back with no MP cost if you fail to evade it. You shouldnt need to use any offensive magic for any of the guys so the MP is primarily for healing and/or reviving.

Chakra heals 40% of lost HP, you can get 80% by chaining the second before the first has healed any HP. Hence the double chakra advice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom