Final Fantasy VII - "Remake"

Soldato
You thought the box buster on yuffie was "pretty easy"?

I still havent platinumed intergrade because of yuffie box buster, I honestly dont know what they were thinking on that minigame.

Two streamers I watched beat it live, one took 7 hours, the other 3 hours of retrying again and again to beat hard box buster. They both said its one of the hardest challenges they have ever come across in a game.

Where is all your MP going on the pride and joy challenge? use chakra and pray for healing unless desperate and only use curaga then or carbuncle. Yuffies ally will sacrifice himself if yuffie dies, so letting him do that and then using arise on him is more MP efficient than curaga, have some maxed out MP boosts on both characters.

Ramuh has a fairly predictable pattern of attacks and has a window where you can attack him reliably within the pattern, so try to be patient, dodge, until the window opens then spam her ranged wind elemental Ninjutsu attack during the window (use her magic weapon), it will take many of the cycles to finish him, his ultimate attack is survivable, pride and joy is easy but with one powerful beam attack, yuffie's brumal form makes her immune "and" charges atb when it blocks an attack, use it when he uses his beam, with high level HP plus the beam attack wont KO you anyway so pray or double chakra afterwards to get the HP back with no MP cost if you fail to evade it. You shouldnt need to use any offensive magic for any of the guys so the MP is primarily for healing and/or reviving.

Chakra heals 40% of lost HP, you can get 80% by chaining the second before the first has healed any HP. Hence the double chakra advice.
Took about 20 mins for the box buster. I watched a walkthrough on youtube and memorised it.

It's mostly going on Thundagra spam on Bahamut, I don't really have to heal unless I mess up. I don't use any healing if I manage to beat Ramuh and then I run out using the Thundagra spam on pride and joy. My Mp up is only 4 stars, maybe it'll be worth grinding for the extra but I'm not sure 10% will make enough of a difference. I might socket a prayer or Chakra to see if it helps. I got close on Pride and Joy once when my summon became available but it hasn't since. Is there anyway of forcing a summon or is it just luck?

Soldato
Took about 20 mins for the box buster. I watched a walkthrough on youtube and memorised it.

It's mostly going on Thundagra spam on Bahamut, I don't really have to heal unless I mess up. I don't use any healing if I manage to beat Ramuh and then I run out using the Thundagra spam on pride and joy. My Mp up is only 4 stars, maybe it'll be worth grinding for the extra but I'm not sure 10% will make enough of a difference. I might socket a prayer or Chakra to see if it helps. I got close on Pride and Joy once when my summon became available but it hasn't since. Is there anyway of forcing a summon or is it just luck?
If I remember right the following will trigger a summon.

Length of time in battle.
Staggering an enemy.
Ally drops to critical HP.

Summon can only be used once in the entire challenge, not once for each round. So e.g. if you use on Ramuh, you wont be able to use it on Pride and Joy.

Pride and joy just chip away at the HP slowly with the ranged attacks, it should be the easiest of the 3 fights. If you confident of not needing to use ATB on Sonon for healing you can use his damage dealing abilities to grind the HP down somewhat quicker.

Soldato
If I remember right the following will trigger a summon.

Length of time in battle.
Staggering an enemy.
Ally drops to critical HP.

Summon can only be used once in the entire challenge, not once for each round. So e.g. if you use on Ramuh, you wont be able to use it on Pride and Joy.

Pride and joy just chip away at the HP slowly with the ranged attacks, it should be the easiest of the 3 fights. If you confident of not needing to use ATB on Sonon for healing you can use his damage dealing abilities to grind the HP down somewhat quicker.
Thanks. I think I'm just being inpatient with it. Also haven't got the timing down on the Brumal form dodge from the cannon. I've only got to the fight about 4 times though so don't get much practice on it. I'm saving my summon for pride and joy but it never seems to pop.

Soldato
Ramuh. That's the only one available in the Yuffie DLC isn't it?
You can go to the menu, and unlock DLC summons for some extras as well as some DLC equipment as well. So consider putting carbuncle on your ally. It might make the summon trigger as apparently DLC summons have different trigger points.

Soldato
Downloading intergrade as it’s free on psplus extra. Enjoying XV. So I think I’ll like this.

The original is my most favorite game ever (hence the signature) I know this won’t ever live up to the hype of playing the original back in 97/98, but I’m open to trying new things.

Soldato
Just finished Secrets hard mode ater not playing the game since December 2020 going by the save files. What DLCs are there, and are they worth getting? Just the Yuffie one?

Depends if you 100% the DLC it's a solid 25 hours, if it's just quickly going through the story iirc about 6-8 hours skipping all the extra content.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom