Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn

Caporegime
I'm thinking about giving up as levelling is so boring everyone just grinds fates

I've saw people doing the same quest as me kill the same quest mob in half the time it takes me which leads me to believe summoner has the worst dps by a huge margin out of the DPS classes.

stupid people make the game hard... and pug's are ****

tbh I see loads of people not paying past the free 30 days

Soldato
Logged on for first time this week after going 0-47 on Scholar since last Tuesday, needed break after playing 14 hours a day last week.

Login issues seem mostly sorted out, me and all mates all got straight in with no queues today.

I've been grinding a few fates for maybe 2 levels in total as the quests seem to dry up for me around 46 ish with my hunting log complete and next story quest not available till 49 which is a little disappointing.

Still really enjoying it though and looking forward to do the HM aspect fights over the weekend to get attuned to Bahamuts Coil and then maybe try my luck in there.

Soldato
Weeeeeeeee no lag Evil :)

Nice. But don't get too excited just yet :p My problems with BT throttling have been extremely intermittent.

I really need to level my Archer again and get on with the main storyline. I've been doing it in bits and pieces while harvesting and crafting for the best part of a week now. Last night when I got home I spent 2 or 3 hours basically messing around crafting, levelling up the Blacksmith a bit more and a little on Armourer. They're all so interdependant. Its kind awesome :D

Soldato
I've almost given up trying to progress the main story quest. Up to the part where you need to complete Brayflox's Longstop and I genuinely can't find a group with a competent tank. None of them even bother to move Aiatar out of the poison so the fight goes on way too goddamn long - I'm playing a White Mage and my mana can't cope with a fight that goes on for 10-20 minutes when none of the DDs or tank move out of the AoE, and the tanks seem to just remain stationary during the boss' swipe and cone attack. I had one group that got him down to about 5% HP, but then the tank went full retard and pulled the boss straight into the largest concentration of poison pools and left him there until the boss was almost fully healed again.

Is there a way to skip this step? Like is there a followup quest open elsewhere? 'Cos following the main quest lead me to that one.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've almost given up trying to progress the main story quest. Up to the part where you need to complete Brayflox's Longstop and I genuinely can't find a group with a competent tank. None of them even bother to move Aiatar out of the poison so the fight goes on way too goddamn long - I'm playing a White Mage and my mana can't cope with a fight that goes on for 10-20 minutes when none of the DDs or tank move out of the AoE, and the tanks seem to just remain stationary during the boss' swipe and cone attack. I had one group that got him down to about 5% HP, but then the tank went full retard and pulled the boss straight into the largest concentration of poison pools and left him there until the boss was almost fully healed again.

Is there a way to skip this step? Like is there a followup quest open elsewhere? 'Cos following the main quest lead me to that one.

Nope it's a mandatory dungeon to continue. What server are you on?

Soldato
I'm not a fan of this FATE grinding, it is starting to get very repetitive. I think there are only 3 different variants of FATE events mechanics, which is what's making it feel like a grind.

Associate
I'm not a fan of this FATE grinding, it is starting to get very repetitive. I think there are only 3 different variants of FATE events mechanics, which is what's making it feel like a grind.

Then don't do it? So many people think you can't get 50 without fate grinding but they're just missing quests or not doing the fates between quests ;o

I hit 50 with all the waking sands quests still available (they're 46-48ish all being a 5 part chain of 14k exp or so per hand-in), I had not touched Northern Thalanan other than for story quest & had only done a few quests in Mor Dhona. I simply did every quest I saw (literally) up 'til late in the story chain as I realised I'd have excess exp left over in quests for a later class and basically did any nearby FATE to whatever quest I was on at the time

Also capitalized on chain exp wherever possible and kept up to date on hunting log as well as grand company hunting log (which doesn't reward exp it's self, but you do get some from the promotion trial quests which send you on a quest for a dungeon)

I also never did leve quests other than the trial one at each hub

Caporegime

wait until you get to sunken temple if you even make it past the elemental fights.

I pugged them all so far on odin though @ lvl 40 and need more levels to carry on the main quest

Soldato
Then don't do it? So many people think you can't get 50 without fate grinding but they're just missing quests or not doing the fates between quests ;o

I hit 50 with all the waking sands quests still available (they're 46-48ish all being a 5 part chain of 14k exp or so per hand-in), I had not touched Northern Thalanan other than for story quest & had only done a few quests in Mor Dhona. I simply did every quest I saw (literally) up 'til late in the story chain as I realised I'd have excess exp left over in quests for a later class and basically did any nearby FATE to whatever quest I was on at the time

Also capitalized on chain exp wherever possible and kept up to date on hunting log as well as grand company hunting log (which doesn't reward exp it's self, but you do get some from the promotion trial quests which send you on a quest for a dungeon)

I also never did leve quests other than the trial one at each hub

I am playing it the same way, i have not touched a side quest since level 10, lvling purely on the main story + class story. I hit level 40 last night and i seem to be hitting the level requirement wall frequently to progress in the story quest.

Could do my rank 5 hunting log, but i may as well save that until i reach the late 40's.

I'm not touching a side quest, so the only efficient way to get xp is to do boring FATES.

Associate
There is a new update from Naoki Yoshida:

Further Server and System Improvements

As we continue to address server issues, I would like to follow up on my previous announcement regarding the measures being taken to improve this situation.

With the maintenance completed on September 4, we have increased the number of concurrent connections allowed across all Worlds by roughly 60,000 users. For the time being, however, we believe it necessary to maintain login and character creation restrictions, even though they have inconvenienced many of our players.

With the exception of recently added Worlds, each World can now support 7,300 to 7,800 simultaneous logins. Further increasing this limit runs the risk of causing severe lag in all zones. We will continue monitoring server loads to ensure a stable playing environment as we move forward with our plans.

Following the increase in server capacity, we reached 325,000 simultaneous logins, and we anticipate that this number will only increase. Therefore, as our development and operations teams continue to work towards a full-scale upgrade of our servers and systems in order to accommodate more players, we will continue our suspension of digital sales of the game.

During this time, we will be monitoring connections during peak times for each data center. Once we have confirmed that all Worlds and the zones within them are stable, we will continue to monitor server loads and populations in real time as we prepare to upgrade our servers and make other extensive improvements.

The following is a general outline of our major goals to improve overall server and system stability. Specific details will be announced as soon as they are available.

1. Substantially increase the number of Worlds.
2. Create a third duty finder group to further alleviate server stress.
3. Increase the number of servers used for instances.

Even with the increased capacity of all Worlds, the number of simultaneous logins is still reaching the limit. Because increasing server capacity further would result in significant stress to individual zones, frequent restrictions on character creation have been necessary for the most heavily populated Worlds.

Furthermore, since simply adding new Worlds would heavily stress the Duty Finder system, a significant increase to the number of Worlds will be accompanied by the creation of a third Duty Finder group for each data center. We will also increase the number of servers used for instances. We believe these steps will allow for a marked increase in the number of concurrent connections our servers can maintain.

With that said, we have also noticed that many players are leaving their characters idle in game due to the login restrictions we have set in place to maintain server stability. In response to requests to address this issue, we are working to implement a feature that will automatically log out characters that are idle for a prolonged period of time.

The above improvements are scheduled to be implemented next week. We will make an announcement at the beginning of next week with further details.

4. Commence World transfer service.

In addition to our above plans to improve server stability, we will begin service for World transfers. Players who were unable to join their desired World due to character creation restrictions will now be able to move to a World of their choosing.

We realize many players would like to play together with their friends, and preparations for the World transfer service are a top priority. We are also working towards resuming digital sales for those who had planned to purchase the game but were unable to do so.

5. Begin large-scale improvements for long term operations.

Next year will see the PlayStation 4 release and another influx of players. In order to ensure the best experience for all of our customers and customers-to-be, we are carefully monitoring our operations as we continue planning extensive changes to improve the game.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused by the current restrictions to logins, character creation, and digital sales. I assure you that our entire company is working tirelessly to improve your gaming experience, and we hope we can count on your continued support.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer & Director Naoki Yoshida

The part about adding an afk timer soon caught my eye in paricular:)

Associate
I am playing it the same way, i have not touched a side quest since level 10, lvling purely on the main story + class story. I hit level 40 last night and i seem to be hitting the level requirement wall frequently to progress in the story quest.

Could do my rank 5 hunting log, but i may as well save that until i reach the late 40's.

I'm not touching a side quest, so the only efficient way to get xp is to do boring FATES.

Well that's not the same way as me, I did every side quest possible 'til 47ish

Back
Top Bottom