1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Nimdok, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Noxia

Soldato

It plays surprisingly well with a controller. Sometimes I switch when my hand begins to hurt from kb/mouse. Game runs fine on base PS4 too. It does slow down when certain things happen with loads of players like certain public events but it kills my pc too.

2. tamzzy

Capodecina

I've been playing it for the last 5 years.
    Great mmo for the casual gamer.

Downside is that the storyline quests are a bit longwinded and tedious; though that being said, the deva are tidying up the quests and shortening it (soon)

3. ShortWarning

Mobster

I drop in every now and again and this is the biggest issue for me. I'm halfway through stormblood and I've decided I'm going to skip all the cut scenes. I soldiered on through the story up until the end of Hevensward but it's just so long, convoluted and boring.

I do enjoy the game, it's very different to wow what with almost every ability being on a long GCD.

4. eggyoke

Mobster

I resubbed about a week ago due to sheer boredom. I'm only now close to unlocking Heavensward content after playing on and off for years. I originally had a legacy character on a US server and then made another character for the Road to 60 buff a few years back. I completed ARR and then the post-ARR quest line pretty much defeated me, it was SO tedious. I'd spend my playtime just teleporting around everywhere trying to unlock dungeons so I could play with FC friends until one day I just stopped logging in.

The game is packed with content, despite the tediousness of unlocking a lot of it. My biggest problem with this game, and it hits me everytime I resub, is how quick everything is. Everyone seems to be in a rush to do it all 100mph and for a new player, it's overwhelming at times. I come from the Everquest, SWG, FFXI era of MMOs and so this game is a bit like a slap in the face at times with how fast it is and how difficult it is to chat to people in party. Like nearly every dungeon and boss has a specific mechanic you need to know to succeed, the problem I have is that people are often not willing to give literally 10 seconds to say "when boss does this, stand here or eat this fruit" etc. So before every dungeon I have to do a little revision before going in because otherwise, if you get caught out by that 1 single mechanic it's like you're letting everyone down.

As always though, if you play this game with a fixed, regular group of friends then it's a blast.

5. Diddums

Capodecina

Well, after much faffing about with passwords and whatnot (apparently I had a Square account from years ago, in fact I think I might even own this game on PC somewhere!) I got online.

I did a write up on Forever Gaming, but I'll paste it here anyway:

6. Diddums

Capodecina

Question:

A friend of mine bought the "starter edition" on PSN last night which gave him 30 days of play time, and apparently also included the latest xpac. He reckons it must be a mistake and he got lucky, but shirley that's not the case? I'll be purchasing the game tonight, the complete edition is £40ish but if I can get the same for less then that's what I'll do.

7. Noxia

Soldato

I wonder if he got confused from the start up screen that shows Shadowbringers maybe.