Final Fantasy XV

Associate
Anyone had issues with the weapon upgrade questions at hammerhead? I picked up four, gave him the stuff and they just wont complete...

Soldato
So i bought the D1 Ed on Xbone, the first night i played 2 hrs, i wandered off to kill some dog things and there was a lvl15 Cactus dude also who attacked me, using a lot of warping and finding a weapon he was weak to and a lot of revives i killed him, the exp from it took my guys from lvl1 to lvl10 lol.

After those 2 hours i didnt really play it again as ive been hardcore playing WoW levelling a Paladin, anyhow last night i had another go at it, i went round the map picking up all the treasures, if you speak to people in the little car stop places, they show on your map where stuff can be found which is pretty cool.

I got a really nice 2H sword for Gladius from one of the treasure things, and ive done a couple of side quests now, found a guy called Dave and then delivered some dog tag things to some dude and also killed some giant rhino thing.

Overall im liking the game, the openworld is decent and i can wander off to explore and grab treasure etc which is good fun, got to Galdin Bay and stopped there for now, tried fishing but everytime i get the prompt to move the joystick it just doesnt seem to do anything other than the fish got away?? guess im doing something wrong?

Will invest some more time into this game, im enjoying it and i kinda said to myself i would explore the areas first before leaving them, is there any dungeons or caves or anything in the first area that i should go check out? my guys are lvl12 now and i bought them all weapon upgrades from Galdin Bay Weapon Shop.

Soldato
What's the best weapons I can grab at chapter 3? I bought a decent greatsword from the rest stop at the far left of the map, but wondering if anyone else has sourced some pretty powerful weps on their travels that can be had from Chap 3

Associate
Overall im liking the game, the openworld is decent and i can wander off to explore and grab treasure etc which is good fun, got to Galdin Bay and stopped there for now, tried fishing but everytime i get the prompt to move the joystick it just doesnt seem to do anything other than the fish got away?? guess im doing something wrong?

I had this problem too. Oddly enough, after googling, I found that the answer was the unplug all other controllers. In my case, it was the dongles for the Guitar Hero guitars. Worked first time after that :D

Soldato
I had this problem too. Oddly enough, after googling, I found that the answer was the unplug all other controllers. In my case, it was the dongles for the Guitar Hero guitars. Worked first time after that :D

Awesome thanks for the heads up, will try that tonight, i have 2 Guitar Hero Dongles plugged in to a USB Port replicator :)

Will just unplug that and see how it goes.

Associate
Really enjoying this now, watching kingsglaive is a must though. I've started again after watching it, I was so confused before. Not a great move to have a film explain the start of a game (and barely mention it in the game)

Oh and using control method C is a million times better than the default, having the triggers as attack and block works so much better :)

Permabanned
I don't know about you guys, but after the combat in FFXV i'm very nervous about what's going to happen to the FFVII remake!

Yeah it's completely dampened my excitement for that game. I knew the combat was going to be the same as in FF15 but I just hoped it would work better than it does. It just feels too chaotic and like a button mash. I've played Kingdom Hearts and liked the combat in that but it suited the game more what with it being a rpg/platformer and was just implemented better. Who knows though, maybe the FF7 remake (or whatever it is) will get it right too..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom