Finally got my dream car :)

Yes behind there is a big oil cooler, the exit for it is the vent on the side of the bumper, there isnt one on the other side. As you can see below, no style for styles sake. This was only on the UK spec cars as they were one of the few to come with the extra oil coolers.

4a.jpg

Why should the ride suffer, it's still in the stratosphere?

Like the great big brakes on there. Do they work well? I put big brakes on my Silvia and tbh braking is still a weakness.

Had time this weekend to try out my "Dr. Leather" Leather wipes, my steering wheel and drivers seat had a bit of shiney on them and after some research these seemed like the thing to use. The wipes are a cleaner, they dont leave anything on the leather, no conditioning.

Below is a before and after on the center part.

2.JPG

after doing the seats and steering wheel, this was the state of the 5 wipes I had used. Out of curiosity I went over the rear seat and the wipe was clean so its defo dirt, not taking the colour off the leather!

3.JPG

A couple of the interior now, much matt-ness :)

interior1.JPG

interior3.JPG

My battery is getting a bit low after a week so might be time for a fresh one, not the easiest to get to but it could be worse. The original batery would have been pretty small, to keep the weight low presumably. This delco one is a normal/common size and looks to fit ok so i'll just get another like this. The rear brace and half of the metal panel will need to come out.

bat1.JPG

lots of funny looking electronics back here, one with "yaw rate sensor" on it, awesome!

bat3.JPG

Couple of random pics, you can just see the back of the 2 oil pumps and radiators under the rear bumper, one for the rear diff, one for the gearbox.

oilcoolers.JPG

and this one just because its ******* awesome

3-1600.jpg

I know, I said it numerous of times now. But that car looks marvellous, I don't think newer cars for the same money will provide as much fun and enjoyment as this legendary R34. Good choice! :D

Will the car be kept stock for as long, as it'll remain yours?

I know, I said it numerous of times now. But that car looks marvellous, I don't think newer cars for the same money will provide as much fun and enjoyment as this legendary R34. Good choice! :D

Will the car be kept stock for as long, as it'll remain yours?

Thanks, I think its awesome, I look forward to driving it at the weekend and get grumpy if its wet out, I dont like to get it wet.

Standard in terms of looks yes, the engine has had a lot done to it, brakes, exhaust, suspension, all modified. Im just doing little bits, detailing etc to keep it nice.

My dream car (a few weeks from 16 year old) and is my life goal if you will. Its what makes me try harder in school, and what has inspired me to keep pushing!
Seeing this absolutely gorgeous post, made the urge even bigger!!
Absolutely stunning. Completely agree with what your doing, leaving it visually, changing internally.
Stunning.

Thanks, I think its awesome, I look forward to driving it at the weekend and get grumpy if its wet out, I dont like to get it wet.

Standard in terms of looks yes, the engine has had a lot done to it, brakes, exhaust, suspension, all modified. Im just doing little bits, detailing etc to keep it nice.
I got to be honest, I didn't read all the posts... I'm too lazy. :p

But I like the idea of keeping it stock, not that many stock ones left! Nothing wrong in improving the car mechanically, but visuals on some cars just shouldn't be tempered with. :cool:

Beautiful car OP, always loved Skylines, A friend used to own a R34 just like yours in Bayside blue running 460bhp and the thing was a completely different animal compared to other cars I've been in. These have one of the best, if not best 6 cylinder sound I've ever heard.

Well done for saving up and making your dream come true :D The yanks get jealous as these are banned in the USA.

P.S love the garage!

Last edited:
Thanks guys, those of you saving up, stick with it! I've had the car 18 months now and the novelty has yet to wear off :D

Loving that engine bay! Nice work! Nice colour and great interior :-)

I have been doing little bits in the engine bay, nearly finished, pics next weekend. I didnt like the blue anodized hardware, mostly because its the wrong blue, more of a torquise that doesnt look right to me. Im switching it all out for stainless. Also found the airfilter hard pipes have red hardware, no idea why!

Back
Top Bottom