Another thumbs up for plusnet support
Same guy called me back as promised within a
1 hour time window
But openreach have now locked plusnet out
As its been escalated
Plusnet guy tried to rebook it
And he can't
So basically I am at the mercy of openreach
A company that an individual can't phone apparently?
If they don't phone me I have no idea how to resolve this
Unless any of you know something I don't?

Soldato
Only suggestion I have is [email protected]

That’s the CEO email I used when I was unhappy with my install and meant it was dealt with quickly

I don’t know why it’s been ‘escalated’ though (surely it should just be a case of a new appointment)
Thanks
Will wait and see if they phone today
Hopefully won't need to email the CEO

No idea plusnet guy said that's how openreach system
Works If they fail to go to an appointment
It gets escalated to a department I forgot the name of
But basically they have a department for it
Which is separate from the "first" appointment department
Hopefully that means a faster new appointment
Though not holding my breath

Soldato
I don’t know why it’s been ‘escalated’ though (surely it should just be a case of a new appointment)

Completely normal. It's been escalated because there's been a problem with the booked appointment so an escalation should lead to a quicker resolution than raising a new appointment request. It's also possible that Openreach would charge the ISP for a late cancellation of the failed appointment even though they cocked up.

Associate
Completely normal. It's been escalated because there's been a problem with the booked appointment so an escalation should lead to a quicker resolution than raising a new appointment request. It's also possible that Openreach would charge the ISP for a late cancellation of the failed appointment even though they cocked up.
It’s ridiculous that OR could charge ISP’s for their no-shows though!

Soldato
It’s ridiculous that OR could charge ISP’s for their no-shows though!

Yes, and also no. There's a process for this sort of thing and whilst a missed appointment is not acceptable there will be wording in the contract between Openreach and the ISP that cancellations after a certain date will incur a charge. That'll apply in this instance if a cancellation is made because the appointment is still showing as live within Openreach.

In reality though it doesn't happen as an ISP would escalate the live appointment rather than cancel and book a new one.

Soldato
It's day 1 of a failed appointment, there's nothing to gain by going down the CEO email route.

You're due £6.10 per day until the service goes live, plus £30.49 for the engineer no-show.
That's interesting
Still no phone call from openreach
So openreach are the ones who should pay that?
Or they pay the isp and isp pays you?

Associate
Been Tracking the fibre build in my area for over 12 months, registered with the ISPs to be notified when avail, openreach checker says build planned sometime before end of 2025

Was away on holiday last week and kept getting a missed call from a number I didn't recognise - turned out to be my local ISP, messaged them in their chat function and to my surprise they offered me an install date - "can we install tomorrow" - bugger ! - "can you do thurs next week ? " - "no probem 10am ?",

The install team turned up this morning 10am sharp - bit of a mess about pulling the fibre through the trench, but they stuck at it - now got 960 down, 300 up - much improved from my old 40 down 10 up speeds

Very nice surprise an very happy with the improved connection speeds

Last edited:
Soldato
That's probably why my engineer didn't turn up
He went to your house instead :cry:

Openreach finally phoned
Apparently the engineer will be here tomorrow
Between 1pm and 6pm
Not holding my breath after being let down once already

And 5 minutes later
Got an email from plusnet
If you are not in when Openreach engineer turns up
There will be a £65 charge
Talk about taking the #### :cry:

Associate
Been Tracking the fibre build in my area for over 12 months, registered with the ISPs to be notified when avail, openreach checker says build planned sometime before end of 2025

Was away on holiday last week and kept getting a missed call from a number I didn't recognise - turned out to be my local ISP, messaged them in their chat function and to my surprise they offered me an install date - "can we install tomorrow" - bugger ! - "can you do thurs next week ? " - "no probem 10am ?",

The install team turned up this morning 10am sharp - bit of a mess about pulling the fibre through the trench, but they stuck at it - now got 960 down, 300 up - much improved from my old 40 down 10 up speeds

Very nice surprise an very happy with the improved connection speeds
I hate you :cry:

Associate
Finally had a couple of guys around to install a line for my property, took most of the day to get completed but I'm now online.
At some point I'm going to replace the router that they provided, it's not the best thing in the world and lacks some options that I want to adjust for my servers... but it'll do the job for a bit.

16316236517.png

Associate
Finally got around to having fibre installed. Maximum I could get on fttc was 30mb and we started to notice things struggling when everyone was using their devices.

Upgraded to 150mb so hopefully we should see an improvement. The install took around 45 minutes and the guy from Sky was really helpful.

Associate
Just how invasive is the install? Our phone line comes across the font of the house, over the roof then back across the back before coming in to the wall, no idea why as there are shorter ways to route it.

Back
Top Bottom