Fireskull - Down, but not out.

Soldato
Woop im home!

Thanks all for the well wishes its really appreciated!
Felt really gutted pulling into the drive knowing my baby is no longer in the garage!

Ah well how it happened lol.. Sun was out so decided to go for a ride after work, still never remember the road name but its out of Morestead near winchester for those who do! well this road had gravel all over it so that ended my fun so was just going to go home, so doing about 60 coming around this long bend as I come around i see a land rover stopped indicating right hanker on the brakes..back end slides and im heading for landrover still so let off and try and head around him..see a red VW estate coming at me..so not wanting to head on with him throw the bike to white line and then I try and stop a car with my knee and forearm, obviously I failed and got thrown off bike rolled once and ended up half on road and half on verge, police reckon we were both doing about 40 on impact.
I knew i was still alive because i was screaming.
I remember my pulling my broken leg on top of the other then my arm hurt so i lay there basically in recovery position shouting in pain lol
I then remember a first aider talking to me and he was a god send because I was going into shock and just someone talking helped loads.
Ambulance turn up followed by drugs so lots of talking ****** followed
Leathers, bag, t-shirt,ez pants and socks cut off lol, then leg put in awful splint where it clicks up into your crotch I hated within 10 mins nevermind 6 hours i had it on!
Was on side of road for over an hour no police turned up so ambulance took me off to winch hospital.
Hours more of xrays and arm in temp cast, knee is size of football but its not broken :o femur is snapped and so is big forearm bone.
about 1am i am taken up to ward out of that damn splint and my leg is in traction, weird being on that because if i moved i could feel my femur moving lol, crap nights sleep ensued not because of pain but because a crazy old man was shouting "Help me" and crap like that all night
Surgery next day at 2pm, took longer than expected as femur would not line up, so didnt see light untill nearly 7pm and had lost abit of blood apparently, and all they did to my arm was put it into big heavy cast.
wound weeped abit over the weekend but all good now and here I am home and its great to be out lol!

Now need to talk to police and see what happens to me...
Fully comp insurance but because of my age mods are allowed but no payout so few k not going to get back lol, ah well im still here :)

Thanks for reading!

Paul

Soldato
Just took a look at your pic of your knee :O that is quite possibly the most swollen thing I have ever seen. Glad you're doing well though, hope you have a speedy recovery.

Funny you mention about the crazy old man, I had the exact same thing happen when I was in Southampton General a few years ago, he had broken his hip and the painkillers they gave him sent him loopy. He thought other people on the ward were burglars hiding in his shower and kept shouting that he had a shotgun. 5 days later he was completely normal again.

Soldato
That sucks. Can happen to anyone :( Atleast you have had a lot of the summer to play.

I dont know if its better or worse to remember. When I had my little prang a few years ago, I just woke up in the hospital the day after not remembering a thing but deep down knowing I was meant to be there, goldfish memory for 24hrs, still cannot remember a thing. Massive metal cage around my leg for 4months and some metal in my hand. Lucky though, I dont feel like I've never broken either, no aches or pains. Hell the bike wasnt even that bad!, I was a good 'buffer' between bike and car :) Still rode the bike around with the metal frame too ;)

Back
Top Bottom