Fireskull - Down, but not out.

Soldato
Haha nice one I would get out and ride again now if i could/had bike :p
Really want to put my leathers on their tempting me :D

I never even hit my head so my Arai Viper GT is still alive :)
Something was watching over me that day thats for sure

Last edited:
Soldato
Glad you weren't too badly hurt dude. Loving that snapped leg bone! :D

Shame about your bike, but now you can try a different one which is a nice change :)

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Skoot

P.S. Any nice nurses? ;)

Man of Honour
Impressive amount of damage.

It just goes to show how well leathers did to protect you - let this be a lesson to any other bike riders to make sure you ride fully kitted up. Sure he broke a couple of bones, but that's a little price to pay for saving his life.

Cool pics Paul - yes I'm a morbid ****. :D

Soldato
Indeed it is mate I cant believe how well my alpinestar suit held up, one rip in the right, knee armour still in tact, and not much scuffing anywhere considering the damage my knee and forearm did too the car!
Ive never really had a bad accident before but always ride fully protected and its paid off, im still here with all limbs and should recover with no problems.

Now I just need tendons in my thumbs to heal so i can attempt a ps3 controller :p

Thanks again all for the support!

Soldato
yeah good luck with the recovery Fireskull.

Can I ask, has that put you of bikes or will you get back on as soon as you can ?

Also. I always wear a seperate back protector, do you as well ?

as I notice a lot of people say at matlock walking around and they don't seem to wear one.

Soldato
Naaa not put me off one bit, had Trauma team laughing when I told them high on drugs that I would go ride right now if I could :p Brave or stupid I dont know but bikes are my life!

Yea I have a Knox back protector that I always wear, luckily it wasnt needed this time :p

Thinking of getting into Racing next year so not sure weather to sort a race bike and just get a supermoto on the road for a year to keep mum and female friends off my back lol, their going mad that I want to ride ASAP.

Last edited:
Soldato
What an x-ray piccie!

paul110809001.jpg

:)

Associate
Thinking of getting into Racing next year so not sure weather to sort a race bike and just get a supermoto on the road for a year to keep mum and female friends off my back lol, their going mad that I want to ride ASAP.

That's more like it! You don't tend to get land rovers in the middle of the track so often! :D

Anything you want to know gimme a shout, MSN/email in trust. I've got a race meeting at Snetterton 5/6th September or Thruxton on the 17th October so if you want to come along and check out the paddock then feel free.

Associate
i know the feeling! hope you recover and get back on the two wheeled horse soon.

EDIT: just seen your xray.. looks to be a cleaner version of my break!, assuming its your femur.. are they putting a metal rod and screws in there ?

if so....

i was in hospital a week, operation the day after the crash.

i was back on a bike (as a pillion) after 3 weeks at home, and 6 weeks on i'm now able to sort of walk without crutches, but i'm much more stable with one crutch.. you'll have to let me know how your recovery goes, we can compare scars, haha.

Last edited:
Soldato
i know the feeling! hope you recover and get back on the two wheeled horse soon.

EDIT: just seen your xray.. looks to be a cleaner version of my break!, assuming its your femur.. are they putting a metal rod and screws in there ?

if so....

i was in hospital a week, operation the day after the crash.

i was back on a bike (as a pillion) after 3 weeks at home, and 6 weeks on i'm now able to sort of walk without crutches, but i'm much more stable with one crutch.. you'll have to let me know how your recovery goes, we can compare scars, haha.

Its already pinned, happened day after the accident, was standing on it next day, but thats about it I can hobble about with 1 crutch but because my arm is busted cant do much else as it hurts my arm like hell lol, bruising and swelling has gone down loads but a lot of underside of my knee and thigh is still black or deep purple :p

Back
Top Bottom