First motorbike looking to pass CBT

Soldato
OP
The heavier Husky is quicker at 15hp than Honda 10hp. Anyway, cash is an issue of the moment for Husky. Another KTM dealer sells 2021 model for £3500 so £200 cheaper but is 50mile away. Attitude of Burslem KTM dealer was poor & they didn't care about selling any bike. No point going 2yr old s/h as +£3k anyway or 10yr old Honda £1.5k -ignoring LexMoto / Chinese. May have wait a few months to save & so long as don't bin it the resale price will go towards a bigger bike next yr.

Soldato
OP
Looks like 2022 model at Burslem so £3826 is a good price. Good chance will put deposit down Sat & settle on payday 15th May with a week off in the sun hopefully :) Not had a holiday in 4yrs & that was first hol in 16yrs so this is deserved I reckon.
One mate said I'll drop it & every biker crashes which hurts.
Another mate (none biker) thinks I should save money & find a single mother settle down with.

Soldato
OP
Are people finding my experiences at all interesting? Or what's this drivel with noob questions.
Put down deposit today on I think a 2022 model based on price & colours, in fact he thought it was 2023, but deffo not 2021 as all blacked out. Takes 6 days prep but not ready until 17th because of the King. They had 1 bike left which had no exhaust & they said after I pulled the trigger they're not getting anymore Husky's. I thought the orange Dukes were ugly though everyones taste is different huh.

Bit anxious at riding from KTM dealer through town but rode all over town on CBT in rain with no issue a short while ago. Strange how I hated every second of CBT but can't wait ride my own bike with no instructor behind & practice at my own pace & trying white belt MotoJitsu moves on a carpark... trying not drop her so I'll shut up & practice.

Won't know reg until a few days before then can kind of insure as won't show on DVLA until purchase day as they won't fully register until I role up with the cash else risk a failed sale & already registered bike. Could do with finding bike only Insurance quotes not tied in with comparison sites.

Very little room under seat & concerned no room for Oxford Boss disc lock alarm so looking for something similar but smaller. Getting a good tracker. Figuring out a tank bag atm as only place easily put things -how does security work with these? Need check if can handle a generic top box but a bit late now.

Super stoked at getting a rolling sowing machine (not heard it yet).

Soldato
Tank bags have no security its just a twist and lock mechanism that you pull to release but they are exceptionally handy. I use a givi ea131 and able to fit my work clothes, shoes and laptop in it.
I also have a smaller xs319 that's good for short trips.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I bought a small cheap rear seat bag the other day with a multitude of straps, for use with harder items I don't wish chuck in a backpack such as a camera. I'll checkout those tank bags you use iamtheoneneo.
Unsure atm how I'd feel with a tank bag due to being new to biking & being by the handlebars but suspect this hesitation will soon disappear.

Concreting some metal post loops as ground anchors in back garden this weekend & turning step to backyard into a ramp.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
They are cracking value if they're as good as the kreiga stuff they're replicating
I've never had a Kreiga but I was very happy with this bag. I think it was even cheaper when I got it. Unfortunately when my bike was wiped out the recovery company ignored my requests to return the mounting straps. So I have the bag but it's not much use now. If I get another bike in future I'll either get another or see if I can find some other straps.

Man of Honour
I've never had a Kreiga but I was very happy with this bag. I think it was even cheaper when I got it. Unfortunately when my bike was wiped out the recovery company ignored my requests to return the mounting straps. So I have the bag but it's not much use now. If I get another bike in future I'll either get another or see if I can find some other straps.
Look for kreiga fitting kit you can buy them separately and it looks like it's exactly the same setup.
Although it may be almost the same cost as a whole new one of those bags.

Man of Honour
Look for kreiga fitting kit you can buy them separately and it looks like it's exactly the same setup.
Although it may be almost the same cost as a whole new one of those bags.
Thanks. Good tip. I will check. But as you say it might be the same cost.

Soldato
OP
Picked her up today from Burslem & rode back through town 10miles but skipped dual carriageway. She's got some poke (don't laugh).
Practiced U turns on an empty carpark 10min then parked up & had lunch at Tesco let the clutch cool down.
My 2022 model appears to have Duke mirrors which work fine.
Hands were trembling when got home. Throttle is not twitchy but need learn ride more smoothly & just get out there.

eZDEjAf.jpg

zKUf81u.png

Permabanned
I would guess we are about the same age as I passed my test in ‘92. I’ve done the CBT 3 times and had 125cc scooters and bikes previously. They are great fun but you soon tire of L plates and no more than 70mph performance. That said, no better way to confirm your interest! Enjoy.
all depends what you use it for .. as a work bike split shifts it's cheap and if ya want to do country lanes 70 is ample .. way cheaper than a 600 .. £13 every 2 weeks petrol .. £100 first service chains tires cheaper .. insurance way cheaper ..

Permabanned
Picked her up today from Burslem & rode back through town 10miles but skipped dual carriageway. She's got some poke (don't laugh).
Practiced U turns on an empty carpark 10min then parked up & had lunch at Tesco let the clutch cool down.
My 2022 model appears to have Duke mirrors which work fine.
Hands were trembling when got home. Throttle is not twitchy but need learn ride more smoothly & just get out there.

eZDEjAf.jpg

zKUf81u.png
whats your top speed ? my gsx will do 75mph .. great down the lanes .. :) we look to be round the same age .. lol close to 60 ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom