First motorbike looking to pass CBT

Man of Honour
Research is time consuming but expect good results. Reckon you're right Hades about the Brodit way. Just got a s/h Samsung Active Tab 3 £150 & found Brodit active charge/lock mount & trying figure out which Brodit pipe mount for navigation rail but only 2 bolts so wondering if 4 bolt SW-Motech is better (if Brodit mount is visa 75).
Beauty about the Tab 3 is no battery option so should boot up when turn on ignition & power off with bike, so no need set the boot loader to power up if that was possible.
Sorry haven't installed my Tab 3 in a Brodit yet so can't help with the pipe mount. I did a bunch of research but haven't bought a bike again yet so haven't had to mount it yet. Maybe contact Brodit to ask. They were helpful when I had a question. I think (not 100% sure) it uses the AMPS hole layout so you could also look at other pipe mount makers with AMPS holes. But Brodit should be able to confirm that.

I had read a few cases where the active mount had occasional issues charging in the rain or dust, which is why I suggested the passive holder with a waterproof USB cable instead.

If you set DMD2 as the default Android launcher then it replaces the "home" screen when turned on.

Soldato
OP
Samsung Active Tab 3 only does the no battery option with an Enterprise Knox license, unless you just remove the battery.
I'm going run it powered all the time as the 2yr old original battery lasts a long time in standby & just turn it off when remove from bike. May get a new battery & use an 80% charge limit app if possible on a none rooted device.

Picking up the very last CB500X my local dealer has in 3hrs. Had no choice of colour or extras but I think it was a good deal. Last ride on the Husky thumper today.

Man of Honour
Samsung Active Tab 3 only does the no battery option with an Enterprise Knox license, unless you just remove the battery.
I'm going run it powered all the time as the 2yr old original battery lasts a long time in standby & just turn it off when remove from bike. May get a new battery & use an 80% charge limit app if possible on a none rooted device.

Picking up the very last CB500X my local dealer has in 3hrs. Had no choice of colour or extras but I think it was a good deal. Last ride on the Husky thumper today.
I think replacement batteries are quite hard to find. I would be tempted to just remove it and run without while on the bike.

Personally I use the Tab Active 3 as my travel tablet. So even when I do get around to mounting it in a bike then I will just leave the battery in as it won't be just for the bike.

I guess you have the bike by now? Congrats. How's it going??

Soldato
OP
From not knowing anything about motorbikes Aug22 to CBT Mar23 to 125 May23 to test Feb24 to a proper motorbike Mar24.
cvUqdtC.jpeg

Soldato
OP
Well the new tyres are certainly scrubbed in :D
Brutal acceleration (don’t laugh) I’m used to a toy motorcycle.
Deffo need a wind deflector on fly screen as lots of buffeting at 70.
First job is fit SW-Motech drop bars that join in front of radiator.

Soldato
OP
Fitted Brodit dock on SW-Motech mount & had to get 4m 12mm bolts with nylon nuts for AMPS holes. Figured out best not get the dock with a large lock at top right.
A successful dry run in the rain Only way test is by a kick of the can huh, like Starship. Drive Mode 2 satnav is sweet & ultra smooth. One fatal issue is it's a rather large distraction, but will get used to it & ignore after a while & it does not block my view. A huge GPS speedo is hilarious & have an OBD adapter/dongle to install after first service in a few days.

Charges in a rain storm. Power enough keep at 100% under heavy load. Just got DailyRoads Pro £3 Dashcam app to focus on infinity & auto record until removed from dock/disconnect power. May wipe grease around cable input but keep any dielectric stuff away from pogo pins. The dock looks well protected from rain behind windscreen but may get a clear zip bag for heavy rain. Did not have Honda ignition switch connector so jerry rigged something. Fairing was awkward & nerve-racking to remove. I suspect the max brightness of Samsung Tab Active 3 may not be enough for bright sunlight, though an anti-glare screen protector will help sometimes. Tab Active 5 is significantly brighter & same size if anyone does this. Oh, screen works with wet winter gloves too :D but not while riding :eek::p

To fix after ride test 1: Dock ball joint screw tighten not enough stop tablet dropping under its own weight & zip ties help but at speed windscreen flexes & pushes dock so top of speedo covered (I'm 6ft tall). Solution is to remove lock block & mount centrally as lock block not needed to keep in place & put tablet in jacket pocket when leave bike.
Need order £7/m 25GB SIM (DMD2 does sat views) as WiFi tether kills old iPhone12m battery, but data not always needed tho nice have traffic updates for route planning.

NBt70ZS.jpeg

xiBlPpN.jpeg

mi0nlFh.jpeg

4vsbVLF.jpeg

6tG07E0.jpeg

N7W0as1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom