First upgrade in years!

Soldato
Seems 8 packs ram can have the tops removed. Was posted on another thread so it wouldn't clash with a low profile cooler .

Also the Strix B350 Nd Ryzen boards have their Ram slots lower by 1cm compared to Intel boards

Soldato
Seems 8 packs ram can have the tops removed. Was posted on another thread so it wouldn't clash with a low profile cooler .

Also the Strix B350 Nd Ryzen boards have their Ram slots lower by 1cm compared to Intel boards

You can remove the tops although I guess that will spoil the aesthetics slightly. If the Ram slots are lower though then hopefully it will fit ok with the tops left on.

Soldato
if its just the ram issue that causes problems with 360 then hopefully ryzen ram location will help. Just hoping it fits between the Cage

oXSd5VO.jpg

looking at reviews , seems you can also mount the 5.3" drive one sides/ motherboard tray with the full cage needs to come out- the front fan brackets should support the underneath of the drive if mounted at the bottom

WxW192c.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
All ordered this afternoon so will find out tomorrow night.
Thank you for everybody's help. I will post back my results :)

digging as it was bugging the hell out of me

"While most cases have eliminated 5.25" bays, the Pure Base 600 is sure to accommodate optical drive users or those who like card readers, bay reservoirs, or additional fan controllers. Notice too, that the bays are stepped down from the top, to allow room for a fan and a thin radiator to fit in the frame above them. The bays can also be removed to allow for additional cooling."

https://imagescdn.tweaktown.com/content/8/1/8100_19_quiet-pure-base-600-mid-tower-chassis-review.jpg

Seems kitguru had problems with x99/299/x399 as the ram slots at right at the top of the board.

Hopefully it works but have a feeling ports will be at the rear of the case with a lot of slack tubing. Might get lucky and kink coils will allow port at the front .
Seems best advise is to get your board and ram in, Remove the Cage, mount the 360 rad to chassis and fans in push/exhaust out the case then install your HDMI box in the bottom of the cage and mount back to case

Associate
OP
Build is finished and all working (Pics to follow later). Seems to be running good so far, I would appreciate and tips on bios & windows settings etc. to get the machine running to its full potential, Also should I update the bios if there is an option too?

Soldato
Build is finished and all working (Pics to follow later). Seems to be running good so far, I would appreciate and tips on bios & windows settings etc. to get the machine running to its full potential, Also should I update the bios if there is an option too?

How did the AIO mounting go ?

Always update bios if you can :) and get windows to latest version , I have first Win10 build and is unstable with Ryzen so is a mission to update lol.

If you post on the OC section, will get specific help with overclocking - and sure @8 Pack can lend a pointer or two with the beastly ram

Associate
OP
Everything went in without modifying, but the top front drive bay can't be used so I mounted the front vr panel in the lower front bay. The only pain was the removable lid because I clipped it in fully and realised it needs setting up by one clip and the rad was then in the way. All sorted now though. Win 10 is up to to date and will check bios update when get home

Soldato
Everything went in without modifying, but the top front drive bay can't be used so I mounted the front vr panel in the lower front bay. The only pain was the removable lid because I clipped it in fully and realised it needs setting up by one clip and the rad was then in the way. All sorted now though. Win 10 is up to to date and will check bios update when get home

Might get better thermals with it off, but then if not used dust will naturally drop in through the open top.
Xtreme card is best for VR head sets if you've got the option for hdmi at front of case. Was meant to get my Parvum case modified for it

Def get a pic of your rig up . Be interesting to see the case and aio unit in it since bequiet do a poor job showing it haha

Associate
OP
Best pics I can grab, impossible to show at night because of the glass reflections. I think i need to grab some orange cabling next :)

Soldato
@{{INX}}
Wow, looks smart mate !
You could rotate the rear fan so it's an intake and will supply the AIO cold air and also keep the case under positive pressure for less dust.
Would need a 120 filter though.
Don't forget to set the pump rpm for 100% constant
I think the top panel can go up another notch ? If so, worth doing so it's less restrictive

Some Phanteks Halos on the AIO fans could be sweet and linked to the mobo

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Orbital, I will look at the rear fan option, I set it up as recommended as per the cooler manual for now and as for the top vent, I will see how it goes.
Temps seem ok for now but will keep an eye on it. Just working on CPU overlclock so temp on that has just risen about 20 degrees.

Edit: Ooh just looked at the Phanteks Halos, I like a lot.
I was also going to add something like this at some point. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/bitf...evg-sf-series-black-and-orange-cm-318-bx.html

Soldato
Orbital, I will look at the rear fan option, I set it up as recommended as per the cooler manual for now and as for the top vent, I will see how it goes.
Temps seem ok for now but will keep an eye on it. Just working on CPU overlclock so temp on that has just risen about 20 degrees.

Edit: Ooh just looked at the Phanteks Halos, I like a lot.
I was also going to add something like this at some point. https://www.overclockers.co.uk/bitf...evg-sf-series-black-and-orange-cm-318-bx.html

Yeah, Ryzen and pump out then heat when overclocked. Again worth double checking in bios that the pump is running 100%, if the quietest in the market so you won't hear it and makes the difference .
Having the rear fan as intake will give a bit more direct cool air for the AIO and keep positive pressure.
Currently you'll have negative and means any unfiltered gaps , the case will draw in air. Positive pressure means air only enters through the intake fans :)- but need a filter on them ideally

Cables will look sweet! Bequiet and gigabyte colour scheme match perfectly haha. Halo rings would add a nice RGB glow but not turn your rig into a disco

Associate
OP
That's the thing, I want the colour scheme without looking like a disco or over the top. Will check bios for the pump speed in a minute.

Soldato
That's the thing, I want the colour scheme without looking like a disco or over the top. Will check bios for the pump speed in a minute.

Think Phanteks is on to a winner with those covers, getting to have your fan of choice with a soft RGB, seems on clear/frosted plastic they shine out more . Orange glow on yours and should be a killer and just illuminate the case slightly .

Worth pumping the front intake fans to as fast as possible that your comfortable with sound wise. Either allow them to run like that 24/7 or set up a good fan curve :)
I have silent wings so pretty much run them at 80% 100% of the time as soon as theirs any load what so ever .

Just noticed you've got two usb running from inside to the out usb ... Is this from the front box ?
If so, by a internal USB to external USB cable or You split one

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom