Fix For H80i/H100i LED Cold Boot LED Bug

Soldato
So after updating to the latest Corsair link *2.6.5214* the LED's on my unit would reset to an odd colour, So instead of red it would go a rose coloured pink.

So I decided to experiment a little :D

So far it seems it's only effecting people who update from 1.05 to 1.07 but units that ship with 1.07 appear to be unaffected.

Now this is a problem related to the firmware version 1.07 which is built into the latest release.

I have tested this on 3 different H100i's and all behave the same when updated from 1.05 to 1.07.

The fix is actually quite simple, Uninstall all link software and download the older *2.4.5110* link version which allows for manual firmware updates.

Once you have it downloaded and installed you want to download firmware version 1.05, Update/rollback the firmware to 1.05 from 1.07 and once done your LED's shouldn't change upon a cold boot anymore.

****Please download in Firefox or Chrome, Internet Explorer for some reason saves it as a .php file instead of a .zip/.rar file****

Corsair Link - 2.4.5110 - http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsair/download-files/drivers/link/Corsair-Link-Installer-RC-v2-4-5110.exe

H80i 1.05 - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=12219&d=1361765933

H100i 1.05 - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=12220&d=1361765948

Installation -

1. Uninstall Corsair Link.

2. Reboot.

3. Install Corsair Link Version 2.4.5110.

4. Flash your H80i/H100i to 1.05 *sierra2.bootloader has stopped working* will appear once the progress bar gets to 100% but don't worry this is normal.

5. Re-launch Corsair Link and set your desired color i.e Red, Green, Blue etc.....

6. Fully shut down your rig and wait about 60 seconds.

7. Boot up and after about 5 seconds the CPU block LED will change from white to your previously selected colour.

Hope this helps
happy1.gif

Last edited:
Caporegime
Good work Dice. As i said to texan though with these H Led coolers if it works, its best to leave well alone as they're very temperamental. I went through three of them before finally switching to a H110 with no led.

Soldato
OP
Good work Dice. As i said to texan though with these H Led coolers if it works, its best to leave well alone as they're very temperamental. I went through three of them before finally switching to a H110 with no led.

Thank you :)

Thought I'd share as it was really annoying me until I found the solution by experimenting with different firmwares and Corsair Link versions :)

I've just set mine to blue & unplugged the USB. It's not changed colour since.

This mainly only happens to people updating from 1.05 to 1.07.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Hi Dice, following those instructions, downloaded 2.4.5110 and installed then from your link for the 1.05 firmware downloaded and tried to update/rollback from the link software, I chose the device to update then when I'm asked for a firmware file I can't choose the file downloaded as it doesn't appear when I go to the location I put it.
Double clicking the file itself and I get the following message "windows can't open this file" "File attachment.php"

What am I doing wrong?

Soldato
OP
Hi Dice, following those instructions, downloaded 2.4.5110 and installed then from your link for the 1.05 firmware downloaded and tried to update/rollback from the link software, I chose the device to update then when I'm asked for a firmware file I can't choose the file downloaded as it doesn't appear when I go to the location I put it.
Double clicking the file itself and I get the following message "windows can't open this file" "File attachment.php"

What am I doing wrong?

Might sound like a dumb question but before you go to choose the file you have unzipped it right ?

Soldato

What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like you've right clicked his link above and hit save target as which would download the attachment.php as oppose to H100i_v1.0.5.zip

You should be downloading the zip file, just left click the link(s) above and download the .zip

Permabanned
Sounds like you've right clicked his link above and hit save target as which would download the attachment.php as oppose to H100i_v1.0.5.zip

You should be downloading the zip file, just left click the link(s) above and download the .zip

Yes I have left clicked the link but I don't get a zip file to download, on left clicking the link here is what I get asked "Do you want to open or save attachment.php (20.6 KB) from corsair.com"

confused as everyone else seems to be getting a zip file to download:confused:

Permabanned
Ok guys, I was advised to give firefox a try as I use internet explorer, so just installed firefox and hey presto I got the zip file, have now installed older firmware and reset my colour, did cold boot and and my colour is now restored. Thanks Dice very much appreciated and I think it was you on the Corsair Forum who advised firefox, brilliant dude thank you so much, very happy bunny again and I won't be updating the bugger again. Thanks everyone.

Soldato
OP
Ok guys, I was advised to give firefox a try as I use internet explorer, so just installed firefox and hey presto I got the zip file, have now installed older firmware and reset my colour, did cold boot and and my colour is now restored. Thanks Dice very much appreciated and I think it was you on the Corsair Forum who advised firefox, brilliant dude thank you so much, very happy bunny again and I won't be updating the bugger again. Thanks everyone.

Yeah I just replied to you on the Corsair forums :p

I'll add Firefox to the suggested software in the opening post :)

Soldato
I found a even easier way :p

If you want say red move Red all way to top and instead of having Green and blue on zero put the onto one :D

Now when you cold boot the colour will stay red. Not tried on other colours.

Like this
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Had this with my H80i when I updated the software earlier this week and did the same solution as Dicehunter has put in his post. Rolling back the corsair link software to enable loading of the older v1.05 Firmware back to the unit. Now my H80i is back as it should be, LED light off at initial boot and then on to full green to match rest of my system.

I did also experiment with adjusting LED sliders and got to the same result as shankly1985 but with the initial boot light being that pinkish white hue then changing to green I found it a little jarring in my set up, what with everything else being lit in green.

On a side note any IE users can download the linked files in the OP and use them fine, just change the file extension so it is zip and not .php. This can be done after the file has been downloaded or by right clicking the link and selecting 'save target as...', then changing the save as type dropdown to 'All Files' and renaming the download to anything you want with a .zip extension.

No need to change browsers just to get a file. Not that I am a fan boy of any particular browser. Just reflecting what I did when I found and got the firmware file off of the Corsair forums the other day.

Thanks for sharing the tips chaps was coming on here to do the same.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Had this with my H80i when I updated the software earlier this week and did the same solution as Dicehunter has put in his post. Rolling back the corsair link software to enable loading of the older v1.05 Firmware back to the unit. Now my H80i is back as it should be, LED light off at initial boot and then on to full green to match rest of my system.

I did also experiment with adjusting LED sliders and got to the same result as shankly1985 but with the initial boot light being that pinkish white hue then changing to green I found it a little jarring in my set up, what with everything else being lit in green.

On a side note any IE users can download the linked files in the OP and use them fine, just change the file extension so it is zip and not .php. This can be done after the file has been downloaded or by right clicking the link and selecting 'save target as...', then changing the save as type dropdown to 'All Files' and renaming the download to anything you want with a .zip extension.

No need to change browsers just to get a file. Not that I am a fan boy of any particular browser. Just reflecting what I did when I found and got the firmware file off of the Corsair forums the other day.

Thanks for sharing the tips chaps was coming on here to do the same.

Sorry for being a dumb nut, after changing to "All Files" is that it? or do you have to do something else for the zip extension, sorry I have to ask but when it comes to stuff like this I'm useless unless whole procedures are explained in layman's terms:D great tips here, welcome to the forum.;)

Associate
had the same problem i just uninstalled 5214 and re-installed 5110 but im running on firmware 1.07 and my LED stays on red now, seems like a lot of people having same prob so they will bring out a fix soon.

Associate
Good thing that I researched this cooler before buying. I installed it, changed the color to blue. Refused to update the firmware and unplugged the usb and it's been fine since I bought it last Friday.

I wish the block wasn't so glossy though as it marks easily when wiping.:D

Back
Top Bottom