FM2 ITX Motherboards!

Soldato
Did you get the mITX one?
Where from??

I suspect forum rules won't allow answer for that. None of the major suppliers seem to be stocking, though.

I suspect that OC should be getting some soon - probably would prefer to clear out their A75 stock first, since pricing appears to be very similar (and, given choice, no-one would opt for the Asrock A75 over the A85x). But, then again, maybe there just aren't many coming in to UK.

Soldato
It is a shame. As is the fact that there are only 3 (plus those near-impossible-to-find Zotacs) m-ITX FM2 boards in existence. These Trinity chips are so perfect for SFF. AMD need to lean on their board partners to up their games.

Hopefully we'll get some new ones with the new chipsets (A88 etc).

Soldato
I suspect forum rules won't allow answer for that. None of the major suppliers seem to be stocking, though.

I suspect that OC should be getting some soon - probably would prefer to clear out their A75 stock first, since pricing appears to be very similar (and, given choice, no-one would opt for the Asrock A75 over the A85x). But, then again, maybe there just aren't many coming in to UK.

There is no indication that OcUK will be getting them.
Have raised that via main web page and I was given No as an answer...
so need to look in other places

That's a shame, it seems the A75 boards basically aren't fit for purpose.

when you use RAM faster then 1866 then GPU is clocked down to 400MHz and when overclocked to 800 system crashes even when you up Voltages...on 1866 runs on 800MHz like a dream! - playable Batman AC in full HD on Medium

The FM1 Asrock board dont catch fire does it ?

won't confirm that.

am thinking about MSI with A75 ...but 85 should be better...

Soldato
board was accepted as faulty and should be grtting money back in few days..
what mobo I shoulg go for ??
Look for asrock with A85 or go MSI from overclockers ?

Associate
Found somewhere (just Google 'Zotac FM2 A75') that has stock of the Zotac A75 and A55 (strangely it's not listed on the Zotac site) boards, not sure if it's legit though and i've yet to find any other UK retailer stocking them.

Yeah saw it also but not sure if it`s legit at all. Lets see if gigabyte release their itx soon

Associate
I have both MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 and Asrock A85-ITX and I'm not sure about which one to keep

The MSI seems more stable, but the Asrock is more powerful and configurable.

About the MSI, the only thing I don't like is that you can't set how much RAM is sharing with the GPU, and the non displaying BIOS bug throught HDMI in TV

About the Asrock I don't like the fan control and the incompatibility with backplate's CPU Coolers

What do you think?

Last edited:
Associate
I have both MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 and Asrock A85-ITX and I'm not sure about which one to keep

About the MSI, the only thing I don't like is that you can't set how much RAM is sharing with the GPU, and the non displaying BIOS bug throught HDMI in TV

About the Asrock I don't like the fan control and the incompatibility with backplate's CPU Coolers

What do you think?

To be quite honest I dont like either.
No experience with just personal preference ;)

Soldato

What do you think?

just got mine..
pretty sure you should be able to adjust amount of RAM for GPU...
and if I wont be able to get it in to bios via HDMI, it is going back to retailer

Soldato
guys..
MSI all the way!!
ok...
you are not able to assign memory to GPU
you are not able to assign Voltage for GPU - if you want to clock it
you are not able to change Voltage of CPU - if you want to overclock
BUT!!
before booting system, I have clocked GPU to 894MHZ - from default 760MHz
I have clocked CPU to 4GHz without changing Voltage
have changed NB freq to 2000MHZ from 1800MHz again no voltage change

and it is all freaking stable!!!

on Asrock, you had to play with voltages and here on MSI it just works :)
if I get more time - possibly over weekend, I may use 2400MHz RAM in it to see how much I can push GPU :) will it go over 1000MHZ with no changes to Voltages??
have t wait and see:)

Associate
guys..
MSI all the way!!
ok...
you are not able to assign memory to GPU
you are not able to assign Voltage for GPU - if you want to clock it
you are not able to change Voltage of CPU - if you want to overclock
BUT!!
before booting system, I have clocked GPU to 894MHZ - from default 760MHz
I have clocked CPU to 4GHz without changing Voltage
have changed NB freq to 2000MHZ from 1800MHz again no voltage change

and it is all freaking stable!!!

on Asrock, you had to play with voltages and here on MSI it just works :)
if I get more time - possibly over weekend, I may use 2400MHz RAM in it to see how much I can push GPU :) will it go over 1000MHZ with no changes to Voltages??
have t wait and see:)

you can assign GPU RAM in the BIOS, its almost "hidden" in the first bunch of settings, i think you have to change from IGP to PEG or something to get the option.
you can undervolt, via software in the OS i use AMD overdrive

Last edited:
Soldato
you can assign GPU RAM in the BIOS, its almost "hidden" in the first bunch of settings, i think you have to change from IGP to PEG or something to get the option.
you can undervolt, via software in the OS i use AMD overdrive

I have changed that to PEG before I posted previous post, but nothing appeared unless it does appear in other menu.
Am aware of Overdrive-was using that on Asrock.

Coming back to GPU ram, I haven't noticed difference when assigned 2gb to it and using it on auto by default that was with Batman AC

Back
Top Bottom