Folding@home News 17th - 24th September

Soldato
You've nothing to worry about Oz, I won't be hitting FAH for long, getting back in the top 20 would be nice however.
I currently have 2 x r 290s which give a nice return, a 7970 which is Ok and a 7950 which is rubbish in comparison.

ye the 290 can give good gains depending on the work unit.

Associate
No she hasn't and she only lets my daughter on it briefly to play Sims4 so its never on long enough... :(

Defo hiding a machine in the attic next week ! I'll show you a pic if I can find one.

The mess is when we were renovating, my brother's tools (plumber) I reckon I can hise some stuff up here its a bigger space than the photos really show but its the only ones I could find on my ipad at work.

UbYNMkTl.jpg GM2SPEXl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
nice big space, how long till your home now?

I walked down stairs this morning to quite a fairly warm front room which was nice as the rest of the house was freezing because of an open window up stairs!, this is a time of year people should fold to keep there room(s) warm lol

Soldato
teams PPD has risen over the last few weeks, hopefully soon itll be even higher when colin gets home and another people might return for the winter fold lol

Soldato
OP
I've updated the Folding guide here - http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18204220

Mainly just to simplify it a bit and remove the out of date stuff, keep things simple for any potential new folders. The client is a lot simpler now so it's easier to just link to the relevant pages rather than repeating info in the guide and having it go out of date.

If you get chance have a look and let me know if anything else should be added / amended / removed.

Associate
I'll be able to get 4 cards online almost immediately come Friday/Sat (depends on how jet lagged I am).
Then hopefully by Mon/Tues Midas will be back running. Any thoughts on what project I should put xeons on first?

Set a daily wake timer in your BIOS, unless she turns it off at the wall :D

Never even realised this was possible, can you also set it to turn off? (Like before she got home ;) )

Soldato
colin im just looking at your project threads and I forgot you have 980tis aswell?

2 x 970s
2 x 780tis
2 x 980tis

which ones are going to blasted into folding? its quite worrying really knowing in a couple of weeks you could quite easy just zip past me lol

Back
Top Bottom