Folding@home News 20th - 27th August

some take longer than others for less points, I never delete any work units though, just let them get on with it lol.

ive also found another gpu rob but it isn't the best of brands, is an xfx 7970 for £80 , not sure weather to get it or not

i had several 7970's, the 2 reference blower versions were very very hot, had to put the pc by the window in summer, i also had the windforce 3x version which ran a lot cooler and is in my godson's pc and still powering through the games he plays with ease :) Never folded with one though but would avoid the leaf blower versions if I did.

Here ya go: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BG-041-HS&groupid=595&catid=683

Go crazy buy both !! :D

check all the gpus in b grade then check new prices lol.. the same price but only 3 month warranty, I could have got a 7990 for just over £200 ;)

its a dual fan model the xfx I think the ghost model ?

Last edited:
you'll be doing a million ppd soon ! I'd be very tempted at that price for the dual fan version, do you have any reassurances it is working ok?

i have visions of you and your new rig in your boiler room with a couple of leaf blower gpu's running:

FRxiGyU3MyBVe.gif

:D

LOL - its quite local and all boxed so I assume its all okay.

that picture is probably about right lol

just arrived home from work to find my pc turned of !!!

Last edited:
dam, seems a lot of people today haven't had any work upload

rickyjb - I remember when you joined up with 680's you now have 980tis, you should come back ;) lol

beeCee - don't know who you are but your doing well :D

Last edited:
nice!!!

ive had enough of pcs for today, 5 hours and 2 formats later that 280x wont fold, I forgot how **** slow normal harddrives are. just sits at 0% going to try one last time tomorrow.

Finally have both GPUs on 18 cores after a week and PPD is much better :)

One 980 TI is churning out 490K est. PPD with the other on 419K and they aren't overclocked either. Have them throttling at 81C but clocks are still good at 1328 core. Maxwell was certainly a worthy upgrade for pretty much anything you throw at it :cool:

Total PPD is nearly at 1MN PPD:
aaAO46i.png
Other than getting my other PC back I'm not sure even then I could match oz daily PPD with a half-ass 680+3570K. Doesn't help I run overnight, sometimes through the day, but it is what it is without throwing any more money about at hardware.

Back
Top Bottom