Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 28th April 2006

Soldato
rich99million said:
y
you should think about joining the beta team - my beta rig (currently an overclocked XP1700) has got nothing but DGros for weeks now, it doesn't like them anything like as much as the X2 does but they are still better points than the Gros
What sort of input is expected from a beta tester?

Soldato
OP
diogenese said:
What sort of input is expected from a beta tester?
just reporting any problems you've experienced really with enough detail to give them a fighting chance to try and work out what is wrong

personally I've not had to report anything for a good few months - the last thing was a WU which seemed to have extremely low points for how long it was taking so several people along with me posted details of the machines and what ppd they were getting and the points got increased to bring it in line with similar projects

application is made by posting in this thread which also includes a lot more information about what to expect and what is expected of you - they also ask that you write a short statement of what you can bring to the beta team (basically to weed out the people who don't have the attention to actually read the whole of the thread :p)

Associate
sr4470 said:
I'm down to just a single core on the X2 thanks to the scorching weather and lack of aircon.. :(

Pscht. Slacker :p

I'm running:
AMD Athlon XP Thoroughbred 2200 @ 1898mhz 1.760 volts 52C
AMD Athlon Thunderbird @ 1200mhz 1.789 volts 50C
AMD Athlon 64 ClawHammer 3000+ 1.5 volts 1794mhz 53C
all in the same small room with only a small window open

It's waaaarm in here :D

Soldato
null said:
So is my Prescott 3.0, and I still run it 24/7. Used to be 70c as well, 'till I ditched the stock cooler :eek:

You're just looking for an excuse to slack aren't you :p

Its back on.

My point was, it shouldnt be at 60C... :confused:

Soldato
OP
sr4470 said:
My point was, it shouldnt be at 60C... :confused:
ouch - does sound a bit on the warm side :o

what chip? - what cooling? - what overclock?

my X2 3800 with stock cooling and stock clock hit 49c today though that was in the loft in a not very good case - hoping that once it's in my main case down here i'll be able to clock it a bit without going too far over 50c

Soldato
rich99million said:
ouch - does sound a bit on the warm side :o

what chip? - what cooling? - what overclock?

my X2 3800 with stock cooling and stock clock hit 49c today though that was in the loft in a not very good case - hoping that once it's in my main case down here i'll be able to clock it a bit without going too far over 50c

X2 [email protected], 1.4v, Freezer 64 Pro.

Back
Top Bottom