Food you remember from the 80s

Remember drinking that in the 1970s.

Haven’t seen Panda Pops drinks in a while, not that I really miss them as they were minging.

I remember Panda Cola when I was at school, was something like 20p for the small bottles...that was in the 90s! It was rubbish yeah but had more money left for more sugar if you opted for the Panda cola over “genuine” cola!

Space Raiders when they came in the blue packet with Astra on the front for 10p. :)

1548407756.jpg

Angel Delight! Do they still make that stuff?
I’ve got a pot of it the cupboard. Lovely stuff.

One food I always remember from the 80’s is Birds eye potato waffles. My mum served them up all the time. This was in a era when chips were still fried 90% of the time, so I think parents just thought of them as a healthier alternative. Had them again a while ago. They’re not very nice tbh. Don’t know if the recipes changed.

Last edited:
I’ve got a pot of it the cupboard. Lovely stuff.

Philistine! The real stuff comes in a packet, you ignore the guidelines and you use two packets for the quantity of milk they state for one packet. Pour it into mugs, leave it for 10mins in the fridge and eat with a tea spoon.

Philistine! The real stuff comes in a packet, you ignore the guidelines and you use two packets for the quantity of milk they state for one packet. Pour it into mugs, leave it for 10mins in the fridge and eat with a tea spoon.

Nice. I always top mine with a heavy dose of squirty cream.

Spam fritters
Kola cubes
Army navy tablets
Toffos
Kop Kops
Jaw Breakers

I know people are saying you can still buy some of this stuff, however, it just doesn't taste the same!

Quatro
Heinz London Grill
Chef Beans and Sausages
Cherry Menthol hard sweets, the real stuff, probably was banned because it could get you high.
Snaps, crisp effect crisps which cost all of 3p a bag.
Chewing Nuts. You can still get them now of course, but back in the 80's no school morning was complete without a quarter of chewing nuts in your blazer pocket.
Massive squares of pork scratchings from the Market, complete with hairs and large quantities of fat, served in a paper bag.

Back
Top Bottom