Food you remember from the 80s

Original Weetaflakes. Small knobbly flakes, came in a bag. Top breakfast that was.

Ginsters Pasty Italiano. Did have celery in it, but proper tasty.

Does anyone remember those chocolate bar shaped mechanically reclaimed meat bars that you put under the grill. They did flavours like “Chinese ribs” or something similar and they were sold in Iceland. Dalepak rib steaks. I loved those but they were probably carcinogenic.

The original Lucozade with about 30 cubes of sugar in it. :p Lovely stuff. I still drink it today but it's nowhere near as nice now they've had to try and avoid the sugar tax.

Does anyone remember those chocolate bar shaped mechanically reclaimed meat bars that you put under the grill. They did flavours like “Chinese ribs” or something similar and they were sold in Iceland. Dalepak rib steaks. I loved those but they were probably carcinogenic.
Yes!

Used to love Crispy Pancakes, all of them (think there were 3 different fillings). They are not appealing now for some reason

The missus and I were talking about these the other night, used to love it when my dad would call me in for my supper, crispy pancakes (chicken and mushroom I think) and chips. Heaven.

I haven't had them for years.

Yeah, they were nice. Dalepak also did minted lamb grills. They were good too.

The missus and I were talking about these the other night, used to love it when my dad would call me in for my supper, crispy pancakes (chicken and mushroom I think) and chips. Heaven.

I haven't had them for years.

I'd say leave as a good memory tbh :p Found some in Morrisons but just didn't do the trick. Think there's still 2 in the freezer

Boil in the bag fish.

EUGH.

Made me vomit back onto my plate once. I kid you not.

Also, Walker's savoury cheese flavour snaps. I saw the tomato flavour (though they've change the recipe).

I think the ones he's talking about came in fake cigarette packaging, too, but were an horrendous cheap milk chocolate covered in paper. I'm still not sure whether the paper was edible.

But like every kid, you still ate it!

I sure did.

How weird to think they were even a thing!

Umbungo (or however you spell it) fruit drink.

It's been mentioned already but I also thought about tab clear, I really liked that.

Anyone remember Virgin Cola?

Or the ice creams you could get from the ice cream van that had the chewing gum at the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom