Football Banter Thread

Everton deducted 10 points for breaching Premier League financial rule.

Man City fans right now...

NlHR5C6.jpg

There will be some unhappy people now
I thought that would 100% sale through since it was only a temporary measure. It was the sponsorship one I thought would fail. Since it massively unworkable and probably could be challenged. The deals already have to get passed by a independent board.

I would also laugh if we didn’t loan anyone as our targets don’t seem to be from the Saudi league:D

It's a ridiculous situation that clubs under common ownership can loan players between them without there being additional commercial checks in place, but equally I think it would have been wrong to have introduced a rule urgently now for this specific case. Doing so would set a precedent under which clubs could reasonably easily change the rules midway through a season if something happens which they don't like, which seems wrong to me. This should have been resolved over the summer. That hasn't happened, so it needs fixing next summer.

It isnt necessarily an issue now but whats to stop a PIF club signing for e.g. Mbappe then loaning him to Newcastle other then Mbappe not being fond of Parmos?

Nothing.

Last edited:
should have waited until after the vote before docking them 10 points :D
Villa and Brighton voting against it is no surprise there. It’s was only a temporary ban so they would have gained from it.

Back
Top Bottom