Football Banter Thread

My views on FFP are very clear however any and all possible changes to financial controls will be based on a percentage of club revenue and apply across the board. That's not to say it has to be based on your own clubs revenue - I suggested something a while ago where every club should be allowed to spend x% of the highest revenue in the League. That would make it fair for all, providing the highest revenues are not inflated by fake commercial deals, making it impossible for sides not cheating to be able to match their spending. I believe the PL are currently discussing changes to their version of FFP as we speak, looking to fall in line with UEFA's new 70% of revenue cap but that it will be slightly tweaked and be based on the lowest revenue in the League.

Bigpig's complaints are simply because it will effect Newcastle however Man City are obviously the biggest offenders here and the side that these changes will hurt the most. Heck, it'll even hit Chelsea who have just signed a related party commercial deal. Like Newcastle's deals it may have met the fair market value test but there were no non related parties offering to pay them the same as Infinite were.

But even after we have 3 players sent off, Darwin will still break your heart :p
Darwin reminds me of big Shola. Bang average for the whole season but turns into prime R9 when he plays Sunderland!!

I’m not a Newcastle fan so just my two cents, they should be allowed to put in and spend as much money as they like. As long as it’s not in the form of loans. If it’s cash upfront and paid, I see no issue what so ever. They shouldn’t have to resort to calling it SA at St James to put money in.

Stop idiots taking huge risks, like the Reading bloke or the sheff bloke who’s asking fans to cough up £100 each.

It’s weird to me that there is such an up roar with Newcastle but yet not a jot is said about city apart from lavishing praise on them.

Howe gets questioned all the time. Nothing on Pep or any of the city players who are all there for the money - aside from Foden - who would have been at another club.

Likewise Chelsea under Roman it’s like well we can’t have another super club in the prem so let’s kick up a stink.

Last edited:
It’s weird to me that there is such an up roar with Newcastle but yet not a jot is said about city apart from lavishing praise on them.

Howe gets questioned all the time. Nothing on Pep or any of the city players who are all there for the money - aside from Foden - who would have been at another club.
You are kidding right? City have been charged by everybody that can charge them multiple times, there's been non stop media coverage of their cheating and its always brought up by rival fans. Similarly whenever something about City's financial doping is in the news, Pep is asked about it, including having journalists directly asking him whether City are paying him under the table - this is a result of media exposing City doing this with Mancini.

Complete nonsense to pretend City haven't had a word said against them lmao, they've been hammered for years but it's just got boring as it looks like they get away with everything, at least without serious consequences.

Perhaps the uproar about Newcastle (although the open and honest discussions about sportswashing that pundits said would happen have gone very quiet) is because we've allowed something similar to potentially happen again, although the Saudis are going to have to be a lot more clever and creative about how they generate revenue to spend all that money. They've been fortunate FFP-wise so far because zero-hour contracts man didn't put any money into transfers before the takeover.

The Saudi's are also on a completely different level to City's owners in terms of money, power and influence. It's unlikely the takeover would have happened at all without the Tory government of the day.

Last edited:
Piracy was the biggest blocker. The PL didn’t care about state owned or separation.

As soon as Bein sports removed the block the takeover flew through.

“One of the main obstacles”

Nobody argued the piracy issue wasn’t the biggest blocker in the end, but I don’t know how you can read through that evidence and come to the conclusion the government had “**** all to do” with any of it.

They were threatened and played like a fiddle in the years prior.

Last edited:
that they tried their hardest and failed at every attempt? Useless pack of ***** if you ask me.

The owners and directors test? You know ManCity state owned.

All the legal battles were over separation because of the dodgy TV channels..

Complete nonsense to pretend City haven't had a word said against them lmao, they've been hammered for years but it's just got boring as it looks like they get away with everything, at least without serious consequences.

Perhaps the uproar about Newcastle (although the open and honest discussions about sportswashing that pundits said would happen have gone very quiet) is because we've allowed something similar to potentially happen again, although the Saudis are going to have to be a lot more clever and creative about how they generate revenue to spend all that money. They've been fortunate FFP-wise so far because zero-hour contracts man didn't put any money into transfers before the takeover.

The Saudi's are also on a completely different level to City's owners in terms of money, power and influence. It's unlikely the takeover would have happened at all without the Tory government of the day.

Yeh, little bits and bobs but not nearly to the same extent. City keep getting everything thrown out of court as well so they aren’t cheating in the eyes of the law.

Can you guys take this nonsense to the Newcastle thread. This is meant to be about banter and Twitter posts. Come on, get with the program.

I mean you’ve bumped the thread days later without posting banter either.

Considering Baz has posted within the chain above, I’m not sure it warrants posting in a specific club thread but you’d be better off reporting the posts if you believe they aren’t relevant.

Back
Top Bottom