Football Banter Thread

How will they? These clubs don't loan players from their sister clubs, they loan them to these clubs which isn't being banned.
Can’t have it both ways and half cocked, I’m sure Newcastle’s lawyers will be on top of that, arguing that it should be an outright ban or nothing.

Last edited:
Can’t have it both ways and half cocked, I’m sure Newcastle’s lawyers will be on top of that, arguing that it should be an outright ban or nothing.
It’s only a temporary ban hence why I think they will vote for it. They are panicking because we got like 8 very used squad members out injured and we still smashing teams like Arsenal:D

God forbid we get one midfielder in on loan for half a season.

Of course they can. Players joining non PL clubs isn't the concern of the PL, they only care about and can control what comes into the PL. If x League wants to stop related party loans then they can and that might stop a PL club from loaning out a player to a sister club in x League. Obviously any fees arriving from out going loans (or transfers) will be subject to fair market value but the PL won't stop those loans happening.

Like it’s only Neves that’s we’ve been linked with and even mentioned in that article. They really couldn’t wait? lol
It’s a load of ***** anyway, we only do loans with players we want to buy at the end of them, and we ain’t going to pay that sort of wages at the end of a loan. We would more likely go after someone like khéphren thuram, as Dan Ashworth has already said we will most likely bring a signing forward that was planned for the summer

Last edited:
Why are you so concerned about rules being put in place to stop sides trying to cheat FFP?
Apart from city who has cheated? Our deals have been passed by the independent board for fair market value. Second change of the rules within a year.

Guess a few clubs really don’t like our progress

Apart from city who has cheated? Our deals have been passed by the independent board for fair market value. Second change of the rules within a year.

Guess a few clubs really don’t like our progress
You didn't answer the question. What is being suggested in that article is a strengthening of the fair market value test, why are you against the rules being tightened to prevent sides from cheating?

You didn't answer the question. What is being suggested in that article is a strengthening of the fair market value test, why are you against the rules being tightened to prevent sides from cheating?
Define cheating? You quoted fair market value for quite a while now. All our deals have been passed as fair market value.

why is this not good enough now?

Define cheating? You quoted fair market value for quite a while now. All our deals have been passed as fair market value.

why is this not good enough now?
In this instance, inflating commercial deals beyond their true value. And I've not mentioned Newcastle, but answering your question about why the current fair market value test isn't good enough, because it's incredibly difficult for somebody to provide an accurate measure on what is a fair value. The best way of measuring a fair value is the open market. If x are being offered £10m per season from a related party but their best offer from a non related party is £5m then it's fair to say that £10m isn't a fair value.

So again, why are you against the rules being tightened to prevent sides from cheating FFP?

In this instance, inflating commercial deals beyond their true value. And I've not mentioned Newcastle, but answering your question about why the current fair market value test isn't good enough because, it's incredibly difficult for somebody to provide an accurate measure on what is a fair value. The best way of measuring a fair value is the open market. If x are being offered £10m per season from a related party but their best offer from a non related party is £5m then it's fair to say that £10m isn't a fair value.

So again, why are you against the rules being tightened to prevent sides from cheating FFP?
For a start it’s not cheating. Newcastle have worked within the new rules the PL brought in.

lol and we all know the PL is a protection racket don’t act as if this is to help any other clubs than the old guard.

For a start it’s not cheating. Newcastle have worked within the new rules the PL brought in.

lol and we all know the PL is a protection racket don’t act as if this is to help any other clubs than the old guard.
Nothing I've said has referred to Newcastle let along accused them of cheating :D You've taken issue with a report stating that the PL want to tighten rules around related party commercial deals, why are you against that? We both know why you're refusing to answer this question but it's funny watching you try to deflect from answering it :p

No I’m finding it very amusing that we have the old guard petrified of our short term success that they keep having to change and make up new rules every 6months.

No I’m finding it very amusing that we have the old guard petrified of our short term success that they keep having to change and make up new rules every 6months.
Why do you keep bringing Newcastle up? You're surely not suggesting that Newcastle are trying to bend the rules and are upset at the rules being tightened to make that harder? Come on, just say it :p

I don't mind changes in rules if existing deals (for all) have to be re-negotiated under the same rules at the end of the season.

Tbh I hate FFP in it's current guise - we need a cap of sponsorships, spending et al so ALL PL clubs have a fair crack, not just the uber rich with the best connections / already living it large off past success - there is nothing fair about it, especially for mid-lower teams.

Why do you keep bringing Newcastle up? You're surely not suggesting that Newcastle are trying to bend the rules and are upset at the rules being tightened to make that harder? Come on, just say it :p
For a start every article has directly mentioned Newcastle :p not me

I’m pretty sure at the next meeting they will probably vote to make Newcastle play with 10 men instead of 11.

Probably still smash Arsenal and Manu.

I don't mind changes in rules if existing deals (for all) have to be re-negotiated under the same rules at the end of the season.

Tbh I hate FFP in it's current guise - we need a cap of sponsorships, spending et al so ALL PL clubs have a fair crack, not just the uber rich with the best connections / already living it large off past success - there is nothing fair about it, especially for mid-lower teams.
My views on FFP are very clear however any and all possible changes to financial controls will be based on a percentage of club revenue and apply across the board. That's not to say it has to be based on your own clubs revenue - I suggested something a while ago where every club should be allowed to spend x% of the highest revenue in the League. That would make it fair for all, providing the highest revenues are not inflated by fake commercial deals, making it impossible for sides not cheating to be able to match their spending. I believe the PL are currently discussing changes to their version of FFP as we speak, looking to fall in line with UEFA's new 70% of revenue cap but that it will be slightly tweaked and be based on the lowest revenue in the League.

Bigpig's complaints are simply because it will effect Newcastle however Man City are obviously the biggest offenders here and the side that these changes will hurt the most. Heck, it'll even hit Chelsea who have just signed a related party commercial deal. Like Newcastle's deals it may have met the fair market value test but there were no non related parties offering to pay them the same as Infinite were.
For a start every article has directly mentioned Newcastle :p not me

I’m pretty sure at the next meeting they will probably vote to make Newcastle play with 10 men instead of 11.

Probably still smash Arsenal and Manu.
But even after we have 3 players sent off, Darwin will still break your heart :p

Back
Top Bottom