Football Banter Thread

It’ll be a sub-set of English law though. I’m sure the lawyers will argue it out.
Yeah you could be right, but as soon as they do that though everything else falls apart, and as a Newcastle fan a lot of you have seen me ******* and whinging about the PL and its rules during our takeover, but as far as I know currently every team signs up to the rules and regulations of the PL at the start of every season.
If that is a sub set of English laws and city do use it to get out of punishments for the breaches, there is nothing stopping other clubs going **** it and doing the same, there are lots of rules in the PL which probably wouldn’t stand up if properly challenged in court.
For instance teams could in theory sign players at any time of the season, as in English law the transfer window could be seen as a restraint of trade.
FFP could go out the window, as where else anywhere in any company or business does someone tell you how much money you can and can’t spend and how much an owner can put into his business, if properly challenged by a club or clubs there is no way FFP would stand up if taken to court.

look at yesterdays vote, there were people that though it wouldn’t go through because of the legality of stopping loans in but not out, and the related parties sponsorship could definitely have been challenged as anti competitive.

Last edited:
I thought this was a wind up when I first saw the poster

Can anyone tell me why I can't see Twitter links on here when at home? I thought it was just my ipad as I don't currently have a PC but working form home today on my work laptop and can't see any even though I can when in the office.

WTAF

GAb-TZCf-XQAA-JKu.jpg

Back
Top Bottom