Evra

Scholes
Anderson
Carrick
Ronaldo
Giggs

Rooney

4-5-1. Giggs and Scholes.
Good game Liverpool, well played. A deserved victory for you.

Why Ferguson sees the need to play 4-5-1 and play defensively against Liverpool at home, without a goalscoring striker on the pitch I don't know.

Caporegime
All of the top four play 4-5-1 against each other, it seems. That's why these games, despite the furore, end up as boring games normally.

Except when we beat Liverpool 3-0 at home or when we beat Chelsea 2-0 at home.
As opposed to when we've played 4-5-1 and struggled against poor Premiership opposition. It's no good playing Rooney on his own when he couldn't score past me.

Soldato
4-5-1. Giggs and Scholes.
Good game Liverpool, well played. A deserved victory for you.

Why Ferguson sees the need to play 4-5-1 and play defensively against Liverpool at home, without a goalscoring striker on the pitch I don't know.

Ohh jesus.

Liverpool may be on a good run, but they are in no way shape or form a match for our first 11, at home, I really dont know what he's thinking.

Soldato
Except when we beat Liverpool 3-0 at home or when we beat Chelsea 2-0 at home.
As opposed to when we've played 4-5-1 and struggled against poor Premiership opposition. It's no good playing Rooney on his own when he couldn't score past me.

I'm not on about formations against other teams, it's just in the top 4 mini league the majority of games are 4-5-1 v 4-5-1 and are generally boring.

Soldato
Well given the starting line up is it not something in between those two what with defensive midfielders and midfielders pushing into more offensive roles? Yes, Ronaldo is offensive isn't he? Hope he does his playing with the ball and not his exceptional acting/ diving skillz

Caporegime
I'm not on about formations against other teams, it's just in the top 4 mini league the majority of games are 4-5-1 v 4-5-1 and are generally boring.

So was I.... Chelsea and Liverpool are in that top 4 too....
We didn't play 4-5-1 against them before and embarassed them.. which is my point.

Caporegime
its 4-3-3 isnt it ? not 4-5-1

No, it's utter nonsense. It's 4-5-1, Rooney gets isolated, Giggs stands still, Scholes doesn't pass (except to Giggs and vice-versa), Carrick has to drop deep, Anderson gets stuck between positions as the ball carrier and Ronaldo ends up running all the yards for Giggs as well as himself (and then probably has to swap sides).

I predict Mascherano to sit on Scholes all game and totally nullify him. Giggs won't do anything (as he's too slow and can't dribble), Anderson has been poor lately, and Liverpool will put 2 or 3 people on Ronaldo every time he gets the ball.

Our best way into this is set-pieces, Mascherano is quite clumsy at times, so I'm hoping for a few free-kicks.

Caporegime
Well given the starting line up is it not something in between those two what with defensive midfielders and midfielders pushing into more offensive roles? Yes, Ronaldo is offensive isn't he? Hope he does his playing with the ball and not his exceptional acting/ diving skillz
Well, considering he's not been diving any more than most players... :rolleyes:

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Exactly, same for Torres for Liverpool.

Atleast Torres will have Gerrard behind him. If Ronaldo and Giggs stick to the wings (where they're most effective), then we'll have the huge goalscoring threat of an over-the-hill Scholes, a yet to hit the mark Anderson, and Carrick backing Rooney up.

Caporegime
I am gonna say 3-0 to Liverpool, Gerrard and Torres to have a field day and strong support coming from Liverpools left-flank (where Ronaldo won't track and Brown is slow on the turn).

Rio is gonna have to be right on top of his game today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom